BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal

Comments

• Hi
    We have just received a call from BT saying that the £75 cashback won't come from BT, it comes from a third party.....so not sure where to go with this now?

I'm going to E-Mail MSE and see what they say as I still have the E-Mail dated 18 November stating that we would receive £75 cashback.
  • Just received this email from MSE;

Hi M,

Many thanks for your email to MoneySavingExpert.com (MSE).

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble receiving your cashback from BT.

We've chased this up with our contact at BT and they have assured us that all cashback from that particular deal is being processed this week. This was delayed slightly by the Christmas period, which is why it's taken a little longer than expected to get it to you.

Your cheque should be on its way to you, however if you find that you haven't had an update from BT in another five working days, please email us again and we'll investigate further with BT.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    MSE
  • JulianB
    JulianB Posts: 14 Forumite
    I've been on the phone today, 3rd call I've made since approx 17th Dec, and on each occasion they speak to me incredulously stating they've never heard of such an offer, and today the billing colleague INSISTED, then INSISTED again and started to lose his patience and raise his voice, that this is not a BT offer and that I have to take it up with MSE!! It makes my blood boil, can you tell me the best method / contact for me to escalate a complaint regarding this cheque payment please

Many thanks
    J
  • signed up to the same deal. no cash back received either. also concerned about filling in the cash back redemption form as no doubt BT will send for £40 as opposed to the stated £75. to add insult to injury got my first bill today and they've whacked on a £49 activation fee instead of the £39 that was advertised with the deal - something to watch out for. :mad::mad::mad:
  • JulianB
    edited 13 January 2016 at 2:21PM
    I cant get that the cash back redemption link to work for me has it expired do you know?

Im spitting feathers because of BT's treatment with this MSE 'blagged' offer, all the staff ive spoken too, are insistent its nothing to do with BT, and the promise of payment of 30 days, just smacks of smoke and mirrors / trickery

Im sorry to hear about your activation fee Laura, mine was definitely £39 ,so they at least did that fairly

Good luck to you with this, but I really will think twice before I ever take up a tracked cash-back offer, it feels very dodgy to say the least, BT's been busy over Christmas yadda , yadda , yadda ..really? strange that!

Cheers
    Julian
  • Whilst not to do with the MSE specific cashback offer I have also had my cashback offer from Topcashback refused with very similar push back from BT.

BT state that they don't guarantee the cashback and it isn't anything to do with them. Topcashback state that BT are refusing the claim and its at BT's end not theirs.

So following this to see how yours is resolved.
  • JulianB
    Yeah, its the same old scenario as back in the day with hardware/computers and software , they each blame each other, and at the end of the day the poor customer get stiffed!!

I will certainly post here how it ends for me, I left Sky for this 'blagged' package and I was with them for years and more than happy with the service (so I suppose I deserve it?... I will take great delight, if I don't receive both of the promised promotions, in taking my business elsewhere and if I can do it before the demise of the 12 month "contract" I shall be highly delighted, and I took the full package including TV/Sports/Ultra 4K, they can keep the lot if they cheat me

Regards
    J
  • I also took the full package and have had just scores of issues since moving over. I was without any internet/tv for 12 days from the supposed activation date. I haven't had the £75 Sainsbury voucher and now no cashback. I can't wait to leave (I'm less than a month into the contract!) and will never ever come back regardless of what sweeteners they offer.

MSE should offer ratings based on customer experience before persuading customers with blagged offers to switch to such a poor customer service firm.

BT customer service is the worst I have ever encountered in any firm ever. Their Indian call centre is truly awful.
  • JulianB
    edited 13 January 2016 at 5:36PM
    Hi Sade, Im really sorry to hear of your woe's, it sounds like it cant get much worse for you and I do hope your problems are resolved sooner rather than later.

I of course appreciate how the cash back and Sainsbury promo's have compounded the issues, however, I on the other hand must say i have found BT to be excellent (other than the promised cash backs of course) , ive been able to add free caller display for a year (think they are charging existing customers?), ive been given a free 5GHz wireless dongle (£30??) when I contacted them to explain my internet speed was not great upstairs and I was send a text message to reply to so I wouldn't have to go through the automated routing service. I had 4 missed service calls from a UK technical? department (which one I have no idea, but UK based) over the internet speed issue and the sending of the free dongle to ensure it resolved my problem and so they could close the 'fault' call.

I do feel your pain regarding some of the Indian call centres, sometimes I have found it very hard to make notes when I have been routed oversees.

But if I do get 'caught' with one or both of the promised promos (MSE 'blagged') I will cease my service with BT period, and never again use a tracked cash back offer on MSE, they are just too easy for the big companies to abuse I think, its just not worth the effort or pain in my opinion.

Good luck
    J
  • JulianB
    edited 13 January 2016 at 5:35PM
    **Update** Within the past couple of minutes I have received an email response to one I prepared and sent today to [EMAIL="affiliates@bt.com"]affiliates@bt.com[/EMAIL]

It reads

"Hello, I’m very sorry that you have not yet received your
    cashback. I do know that there was a delay processing these, exacerbated by the Christmas holidays.

A batch of cheques are due dispatch for tomorrow via second class. 2nd class mail is usually delivered in two to three working days (which includes Saturdays) so you should receive your
    cheque mid to late next week. Do let us know if this is not the
    case.

Apologies again and thank you for
    choosing BT."

I have replied thanking the agent but also asked if he can provide the status with my Sainsbury gift card application

Fingers crossed

J
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family