Help! Mark Hill Curlers from Boots - question for the ladies.

Hi all,

My wife bought some Mark Hill Salon Professional Curl & Shine Ceramic Waver curlers from Boots when they were half price:
http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=123994&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051

However, they don't seem to do a good job at curling. The picture of the lady on the box just shows wavey hair but not full curls.

The curlers are 25mm barrel.

The question I want to ask is whether my wife bought the wrong item and that this item is not designed to produce really curly hair?

Boots are giving my wife a hard time because the package has been opened and used, but as far as my wife can tell, the product simply can't get hair very curly at all.

Before I go in all guns blazing quoting sales of goods acts etc :D I just want to know whether the product should be expected to give really curly hair or whether there are several levels of product or whether you should specifically look for a small barrelled curler (the website didn't state the width when my wife bought them) but I guess you can see it when it arrives.

Any advice would be greatly received as I'm not an expert on curlers and neither is my wife.

Thanx

AMO

Comments

• This is what the advert claims

The ultimate magic wand for creating gorgeous styles that last and last. From big and bouncy curls to soft loose waves, the versatile 1” barrel creates beautiful ‘A’ list looks in an instant. The Mark Hill Curl and Shine Ceramic Waver features variable heat settings up to 200oc and is mains powered.

I would say they should definately should give your wifes hair a curl and not just a soft wave.
    If she has hair like mine which is very thick and very strong, then she maybe needs to look at using styling product which should be sprayed on the hair prior to tonging it.
    I'm sure that there will be lots of people who can point you in the right direction of what to use for that.
    I think you will find its the product which will help it to curl and keep the curl and give you the best results from the tongs. I would try it first with a product before giving up and taking it back. Of course if it doesn't give you the desired results after that then I would be going in their quoting sales of goods act.

Let us know how you get on
    :rotfl: l love this site!! :rotfl:
  • Hello

I saw your comment, and thought you may appreciate a response from me!
    I am Mark's PA, and we use this product every day in the salon.

Your wife will be able to get a good strong curl by using the waver, but it will never be smaller in diameter than the barrel it self.

I am not sure how she uses the Waver, but we suggest to take a small section of hair (the smaller the section, the tighter the result), and spraying it lightly with either Heat Protection Spray, Curl Defining Spray or Defrizz Shine and Control Spray. Then wrap the section of hair around the barrel of the tong, being careful to not burn your fingers. Hold the hair for a few seconds, and then unwind. To make the curl last longer, immediately wind the curl towards your scalp, and secure with a pin curl clip. Then, as the curl cools down, it sets in place.

I hope this helps you. Please let me know if I can be any more help to you.
  • AMO
    AMO Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Hi ellies angel and gillianatkinson500.

Thanx for the responses. I went with my wife to a larger Boots store and got it returned okay.

I tried to do some research on the internet for people's review of the product, but I couldn't find a single one. Therefore I couldn't tell what other people thought of the product.

Either way, I figured that my wife was probably better off with a smaller diameter barrel.

Thanks for the advise both! ;) Really appreciated.

AMO
  • I totally agree with you about this product. I can't get a single curl in my hair, which isn't thick but quite fine. Burnt my thumb despite wearing the finger gloves and no instructions in the box.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure