The Love is in the Air February NSD Challenge

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Whooo, boots still under consideration which means yesterday was NSD #12 and TARGET MET! :j:j:j

Still pondering on boots, found a pair that had been listed on fleabay and were unsold but the seller wants 'only' £10 less than the brand new pair online - they look in really good condition but given I've got such narrow feet I'm wondering whether to just buy new and then I know they haven't been stretched by anyone else.

Blimey, talk about undecisive annie today :o
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• solventsoon
    solventsoon Posts: 17,363 Forumite
    Morning all :hello:

Got my 13th NSD

Thank you Freeby, Spoon, BDINI and Marmite
    IF…x

This is clever!! :eek::rotfl:

Another 12a bites the dust:D, well done If:j:j

That clip is really funny, had me laughing away as well. What a brilliant mutt!!:D
    cw18 wrote: »
    - so today is NSD #13 subject to nothing unexpected cropping up.
    And another 12a... they're dropping like flies now :j:j

cw18 wrote: »
    Other news for this week if that I handed in my notice at work yesterday :eek:

I'm never going to fit in there until I can regularly turn up late, take longer breaks than I should, spend half my shift texting friends, tick off jobs I haven't done and only make a half-hearted attempt at those I do do without feeling guilty about any of it. I've come to realise in the last few weeks that I don't relax until late Saturday afternoon (having clocked off at 2:30 on Friday), start stressing again Tuesday lunch time (for a 6am start on Wednesday) and am back to chewing my nails as far down as I can (having stopped around Easter 2009). Haven't mentioned it to OH or family yet, but I know I've done the right thing as yesterday was the first time this year I've come home from work and not wanted to crawl straight into bed......

Judging from what you've said above, Cheryl, I'd say you've definitely made the right decision. That amount of stress is no good to anyone and would eventually start to take over your life.

Hopefully you haven't got too much longer to go now?
    spoon x
    :) The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time :)
  • cw18
    cw18 Posts: 8,615
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Judging from what you've said above, Cheryl, I'd say you've definitely made the right decision. That amount of stress is no good to anyone and would eventually start to take over your life.

Hopefully you haven't got too much longer to go now?
    spoon x
    Contract states 1 month notice, but as it's a 28 day month I've picked the shortest month possible to do it and it equates to the same as 4 weeks ;) My last day is 22nd March, but I reckon I've got 29 hours and 49 mins holidays to use (they give legal minium, but based on last year seem to round up so I'm expecting 30 hours) - and that's 3 days plus 6 hours. Need confirmation from HR via manager (going to push for it on Monday when I'm in for PT session), but as we're meant to give a month notice for a week off but only a week for an odd day I'm hoping to get the Wednesday of weeks 2, 3 and 4 and use the odd hours the same weeks for either very early finshes on the Thursdays (out at 12 instead of 2:30 as I won't have to take the 30 minute unpaid meal break) or for late starts on the Thursdays & Fridays (start at 7:30 instead of 6 as again no meal break to be enforced). Don't want an early finish on Friday as I'd still have to hang around until 3pm for my swimming lesson. I actually fancy the early Thursday finish, but the not having to get up at 4:30 (could change alarms to 6am) would be nice as well ;)
    Cheryl
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    NSD 13 today - did it!
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Buy the boots kerri if you can afford them.
    Life is too short.

Well said, beanie, a mantra for modern times indeed...
    One life - your life - live it!
  • karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    :j:j:j Im into double figures, Thursday was # 10 I was hoping Friday would be #11 but I wasn't feeling well so hubby and son had takeaways last night :( . Today Ive been to Asda to get some groceries, spent more than Id planned, I fancied making chocolate cupcakes with a galaxy ganache. Now only 5 days left to reach my target :eek: ! Have a great weekend everyone. :)
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,820
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    No 18 here today.
    I resisted the mini eggs :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • kerri_gt wrote: »
    I'm nearly at target but getting online spendy urges atm - there were a pair of boots I saw when I was shopping a while ago but they only had the size down from what I norm take, and didn't have time to try them on. Ended up buying my normal size from fleabay thinking they'd be ok - but lots of reviews say they are generously sized and these feel a bit unsupportive even with innersoles, heel grips and two pairs of socks. Now they've got the smaller size online back in the sale, and I doubt they'll be about for long. So thinking of buying them.

keep_shopping_and_buy_more_boots.jpg
    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.'
    Groucho Marx

• Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Another NSD for me bringing me up to 18/20.

Im off to Paris tomorrow for a few days, euros have been saved and accounted for, so provided nothing grabs me at the airport i should have a few more in the bag before the end of month.

Au revoir my :money: NSD buddies, see you on the 27th!
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Cw - sounds like you are well out of that working (or is it shirking?) environment. Any ideas about your next job?

Bdini - sometimes you can be too close to a situation to read it correctly. Enter neutral people like us lot on here, who can give you an objective assessment - and watch your back for you! (Hope you don't mind us sticking our beaks in!)

Please to report am now on 10 NSDs!!!!!
    One life - your life - live it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family