30th birthday ideas for husband

Hopefully somebody will be able to give me some ideas as I am stuck at the moment! :idea:

It is my husband's 30th birthday in December :kisses2: and I am busy thinking about ideas for presents for him but I wondered whether anybody else had some ideas.

For my 30th birthday he took me to Toronto, Canada for four days which was the best present ever and we had a fabulous time! :jThis was nearly two years ago and I was working full time at that point and as I am a teacher could only go in October half term ( as this was nearest to my birthday).

Anyway...fast forward nearly two years and I am on maternity leave :kisses: and so don't have as much disposable cash as I did back then.

The Husband says that he doesn't want anything for his birthday and isn't expecting anything but I like to give him a wonderful present as well but have no clue! We are not 'party people' and so a surprise party would not be a good idea and he's not allowed to take any holiday in December or January.

What can I get him that would have the WOW factor? :think: Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
:love:Baby Bump born 4th March 2010! :kisses:

Comments

• bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Our 30th birthdays were 9 months apart, so we had an amazing 3 week New Zealand holiday to celebrate.

Being on mat leave now, when do you return? If you aren't back in January, is there anyone who can look after bubba for a few days in order that you can take OH away somewhere in February? Doesn't need to be abroad, a few days in London maybe seeing a show, meals out together, stay in a hotel. Or cosy cottage in the middle of nowhere, long walks, roaring fire.

I was shocked when I stopped teaching just HOW cheap things are out of school holidays. You can get some amazing deals for when no one else wants to go away!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • Guinea_2
    Guinea_2 Posts: 505 Forumite
    Thanks for these ideas. I return to school in February 2011. I thought about spending the night away, although we also have two dogs to think of, as well as the new baby!!

I do agree about the prices of things. We want to go away in the summer with baby and dogs but in August the price of what we wanted was £1100 but the next week in September was £510. I couldn't believe it! No wonder people take their children out during school times!

I will research some shows and nights out in greater depth. Maybe we could actually get some of those cheap hotel deals I always hear about but never manage to be able to get them because of the dates!
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,039
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    You could get him a track day driving fast cars round a race track? It's great fun, and not tooo expensive.

Zorbing?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I bought my bf a half day in a rally car. His 30th was last wk.

I know this isn't a lot by some peoples standards, it cost £150 between me and my parents, but it was appeciated and something he wanted.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • Guinea_2
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    You could get him a track day driving fast cars round a race track? It's great fun, and not tooo expensive.

Zorbing?

What is zorbing please?
  • Guinea_2
    I bought my bf a half day in a rally car. His 30th was last wk.

I know this isn't a lot by some peoples standards, it cost £150 between me and my parents, but it was appeciated and something he wanted.

This may sound silly but what did he do during that half day? :o
  • pinkshoes
    Forumite
    Guinea wrote: »
    What is zorbing please?

http://www.zorbing.co.uk/

Rolling down a hill in a big inflatable ball!! Never done it myself, but know many who have, and loved it!

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Guinea_2
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    http://www.zorbing.co.uk/

Rolling down a hill in a big inflatable ball!! Never done it myself, but know many who have, and loved it!

Wow! This looks fab! I think he'd love that. It will have to be an early birthday present though as they are only open from April to October I think. :D
  • pinkshoes
    Forumite
    Guinea wrote: »
    Wow! This looks fab! I think he'd love that. It will have to be an early birthday present though as they are only open from April to October I think. :D

Looks like you can get 2 for 1 tickets if you travel by train too:

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/zorbit-london-north-londons-zorbing-park

• leopard85
    leopard85 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Trip in a helicopter or a flying lesson? I can recommend hiring a private speed boat and taking a trip down the Thames - it's about £500 but it's amazing fun and a great way to see London, and you could split the bill with some of his mates?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure