Roadside Recovery: AutoAid Feedback

Comments

• Optimist
    Optimist Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    bfam wrote: »
    Hi Guys/Gals,

AutoAid sounds brilliant :j , but what does one do if they're involved in an accident :eek: and need their car delivered home?

I read somewhere on this website, that AutoAid will not deliver your vehicle in an accident! Is this correct?

Thanks

BFAM

If you go to the autoaid site and look at the keyfacts you will see their definition of a breakdown

"Breakdown means a mechanical or electrical failure, accident, theft or vandalism, which renders the vehicle immobile –"
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell. British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My 'free' roadside recovery is about to expire on my 3 year old car. I have been looking at Autoaid but note in the blurb that although caravans and trailers are covered, the length of the caravan must not exceed 3 meters.

I do not think there are many caravans less than 3 meters!

Does anyone with a caravan use autoaid and if so how have they resolved this restriction?

Thanks
  • bfam
    bfam Posts: 7 Forumite
    derrick wrote: »
    I can't find anything that would cover you for that area, (except if it was stolen), maybe best to phone them and ask specifically before joining, (01277 235 820) although bear in mind it is a "breakdown" service, and I doubt if any of the other breakdown services would cover accidents, that is what your insurance is for and I would suggest that your ins company would recover it under those circumstances, mine will.

Just gave them a call (and joined :money: ) and they said that they would recover the vehicle in the event of an accident if my insurance company refused. Sounds good to me :j
  • bfam
    bfam Posts: 7 Forumite
    Optimist wrote: »
    If you go to the autoaid site and look at the keyfacts you will see their definition of a breakdown

"Breakdown means a mechanical or electrical failure, accident, theft or vandalism, which renders the vehicle immobile –"

Did read the keyfacts, obviously not too well! Thanks buddy
  • frankie wrote: »
    My 'free' roadside recovery is about to expire on my 3 year old car. I have been looking at Autoaid but note in the blurb that although caravans and trailers are covered, the length of the caravan must not exceed 3 meters.

I do not think there are many caravans less than 3 meters!

Does anyone with a caravan use autoaid and if so how have they resolved this restriction?

Thanks
    Caravan and trailers
    If your vehicle breaks down, we will also refund
    emergency labour charges for repairing or recovering a
    caravan or small trailer which is not more than 10 feet
    (3 metres) long, and is attached to the vehicle.

Frankie I would think the 3 metres length restriction would apply to the trailer and NOT the caravan.
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 845 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Melita13 wrote: »
    Caravan and trailers
    If your vehicle breaks down, we will also refund
    emergency labour charges for repairing or recovering a
    caravan or small trailer which is not more than 10 feet

(3 metres) long, and is attached to the vehicle.

Frankie I would think the 3 metres length restriction would apply to the trailer and NOT the caravan.

Thanks Melita

Contacted autoaid and they confirmed my van would be covered. Signed up with them.

Still think the terms should be re-phrased to read - 'small trailer which is not more than 10 feet or a caravan'

• MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Indeed, you are correct. You should write to AutoAid with that suggestion, as I don't believe they are in the habit of trying to confuse or mislead.
  • pegginout
    pegginout Posts: 993 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have been recommended Auto Aid by a friend but I have free AA cover that is about to expire in march.

AA have sent me a renewal for £118.50!!

I rang them to say I don't want to renew the policy and when they asked why I told them it was too expensive. The lady then offered me a special price of £47.25!!

Same cover, same car, same drivers! Weird or what???

I will still be going to autoaid as its still cheaper!!!
    :money: Martin Lewis Rocks!:money:
  • tinker1
    tinker1 Posts: 25 Forumite
    How many times a year can I use Autoaid? I have already used them 3 times in 3 weeks.
  • I just phoned AA to cancel my breakdown cover. The guy asked me who i was leaving for (Auto Aid) and he gave me some horror story about them only paying half the value of any claims. He then proceeded to throw in free home start on my AA cover for 12 months which ended up being £49/year. What should i do??? Was he BS'ing me or have there been problems?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure