Notice to newcomers part 3

Options
Hi everybody.

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll? A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made.

If you should get a comment made on any thread you post asking for help and advice please realise this comment is not directed at you personally.
We really are all a lovely bunch here (oops, modest, sorry) so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal.

what should i do if i get a comment made on my thread?

firstly do not respond to the comment as this invariably is what the person wants. At the bottom of the post, on the left hand side is a red "warning" triangle. Click this and then "send" the message that comes up. This will report the message to abuse who will review it's content and delete it.

The person we had this morning was particularly vile and nasty and please believe me is an extreme rarity here.
Above all PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE BOARDS. THIS SITE IS AN ASSET TO SO MANY, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT FEELS THE WORLD IS FALLING IN ON YOU. THERE IS SUCH A WEALTH OF ADVICE HERE TO BE HAD THAT THE COMMENTS OF ONE MUST NOT DETER YOU FROM AVAILING YOURSELF OF THE KNOWLEDGE HERE!!!!

It is testament to the work that martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time knowledge and experience freely to others, without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT.

Kind wishes
P
debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
:heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:

Comments

• pania
    pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys and welcome to your new home!!!

The sofas are comfy, the beanbags are in the corner, the frisge is packed with beer (lemonade for the underage and people who can't be trusted on the pop-numpty.. ;) ) and the naughty step is ready and waiting to be used!!

I have to say that it is amazing, that, despite many many many of my long and drawn out absences the thread is still going. It has been a facal point for trolls, which has kept them away from the newbies so welldone you guys and also a bit of a social party place too.

Your all fab guys, keep on bumping!!! Lots of love, P xxx
  • Bismarck
    Bismarck Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    wow....a new one...hurrah!
    For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 2007
  • pania
    Options
    numpty mentioned it was getting a bit long... I took it to mean the thread....:rotfl:
  • Bismarck
    Bismarck Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Options
    wasn't just numpty....Nomad too...I'm just too lazy to mention it...wow...other thread is now closed...blink and you missed it!
    For what I've done...I start again...And whatever pain may come ...Today this ends... I'm forgiving what I've done -AF since June 2007
  • pania
    Options
    Fermi,

because i can't say it on the other thread as you must've read my mind (and the PM i was half way through:)) and locked it I shall say it here instead...

:heart2: :smileyhea I love you!!!!!:smileyhea :heart2:
  • Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooh ooh quick quick gotta get on the first page of shiny new troll bashing thread :D

Thanks Pania, promise to look after it & visit every day , very afraid of naughty step

A lovely gin & tonic with ice & lime for me please mmmmmmm

lula x
  • pania
    Options
    060801_ginTonic_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

there you go hon!
  • Nomad25
    Nomad25 Posts: 1,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lol-057.gif Here I is - good one P. Bagsy the naughty step!

Thanks for the link Fermi I was just going to do it.

.....and we're off again, next poster paste Pania's original missive please.
  • pania
    Options
    what this one???

Hi everybody.

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll? A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made.

If you should get a comment made on any thread you post asking for help and advice please realise this comment is not directed at you personally.
    We really are all a lovely bunch here (oops, modest, sorry) so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal.

what should i do if i get a comment made on my thread?

firstly do not respond to the comment as this invariably is what the person wants. At the bottom of the post, on the left hand side is a red "warning" triangle. Click this and then "send" the message that comes up. This will report the message to abuse who will review it's content and delete it.

The person we had this morning was particularly vile and nasty and please believe me is an extreme rarity here.
    Above all PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE BOARDS. THIS SITE IS AN ASSET TO SO MANY, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT FEELS THE WORLD IS FALLING IN ON YOU. THERE IS SUCH A WEALTH OF ADVICE HERE TO BE HAD THAT THE COMMENTS OF ONE MUST NOT DETER YOU FROM AVAILING YOURSELF OF THE KNOWLEDGE HERE!!!!

It is testament to the work that martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time knowledge and experience freely to others, without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT.

Kind wishes
    P
  • Lula-Hula
    Lula-Hula Posts: 7,868 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    pania wrote: »
    060801_ginTonic_vmed_12p.widec.jpg

there you go hon!

THANK YOU :heartpuls :drool: :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories