Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• Moneysaverme
    Moneysaverme Posts: 284 Forumite
    Evening all,

Just about to get the new SW magazine, looking forward to finding some new recipes and inspiration. I still have the lurgy so I'm not totally on plan. We shall see the results on Sunday's WI. Maybe a stay the same if I'm lucky. I have just had an on plan tea, followed by a mars bar ice cream (worth the 7 syns I'd say). I'm still within my syns for the day and don't think I'll be having anything else.

I'm really fancying dark berry fruits at the moment, lots of blueberries and the like. Thankfully it's a healthy craving for once!

Well done for those with good news recently and hugs to those who are having a rubbish time. Hopefully things will turn a corner soon x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Lady from one of my consultants classes won SW greatest loser of the year:T:T:T:T:T
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/dieting/success-stories/gran-lost-18-stone-after-10433237
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Just about to get the new SW magazine, looking forward to finding some new recipes and inspiration.

I just got mine today, apparently it's all about 'Motivation', so I'm hoping for an epiphany!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,564 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Glad you had a loss Ruthy .:T

I do like the Inspirations tweets but they are very small. I'm glad you called them fingers! That's 3 penalties we've missed in a row but, to be fair, your sub keeper was MOTM.

That's only a tiny gain denise , not bad after the birthday celebrations and eating out just yesterday. I hate it when I have a heavy day before WI.

The Aldi lamb rogan josh is lush MrsR . I had a problem getting hold of them so now I have 4 packs in the freezer. Reading the ingredients there's enough Speed (onions and tomatoes) in a pack to make it SW friendly but I added mushrooms as well.

My dinner was surprisingly good considering I threw together loads of bits and pieces that needed using up. Particularly enjoyed the mash. I added some frozen leeks to the potatoes for the last few minutes. Then after mashing I stirred in some LO cabbage and chopped spring onion. I put it all in a dish, sliced tomatoes on top and a sprinkle of cheese. I heated it through alongside the fish and roasted veg.

All I've got left is a few potatoes and some celery in the bottom of the fridge. Meal planning tomorrow!!
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    bubbs wrote: »
    Ermmmmmmmmm let me think :think: oh i know :j:j:jour poppy:D:D:rotfl:
    I have never tried them,they do like nice

I love them call them big fish fingers .

Yes our Poppy her eyes light up when I get package from freezer :)
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    maman wrote: »
    Glad you had a loss Ruthy .:T

I do like the Inspirations tweets but they are very small. I'm glad you called them fingers! That's 3 penalties we've missed in a row but, to be fair, your sub keeper was MOTM.

That's only a tiny gain denise , not bad after the birthday celebrations and eating out just yesterday. I hate it when I have a heavy day before WI.

The Aldi lamb rogan josh is lush MrsR . I had a problem getting hold of them so now I have 4 packs in the freezer. Reading the ingredients there's enough Speed (onions and tomatoes) in a pack to make it SW friendly but I added mushrooms as well.

My dinner was surprisingly good considering I threw together loads of bits and pieces that needed using up. Particularly enjoyed the mash. I added some frozen leeks to the potatoes for the last few minutes. Then after mashing I stirred in some LO cabbage and chopped spring onion. I put it all in a dish, sliced tomatoes on top and a sprinkle of cheese. I heated it through alongside the fish and roasted veg.

All I've got left is a few potatoes and some celery in the bottom of the fridge. Meal planning tomorrow!!

I only managed to watch parts of the match :( due to cricfree being :mad: silly . Romero was good what I saw :T

I keep forgetting to add water to tray before I cook the Inspirations but they still taste nice :)
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Hi again

I'm back finally! I thought I'd have chance to post earlier but the day ran away from me. Had an unexpected visitor at lunchtime, planted up some flower pots, decided to tackle my ironing pile including the 2 loads I got dried today, cooked the dinner, went out for a walk and now I've got my feet up at last.

I've added a pedometer app to my mobile and I'm trying to increase the number of steps I do each day, I really didn't feel like walking tonight but that spurred me on and I passed 2,000 - I know that's a low number for many people but it's progress.

I've just been checking the urban dictionary too, which made me chuckle, but interestingly the last entry for the three letters is:
    used to describe a husky, corn-fed, big-boned person. short for obese.

Lantanna and Canyapple - hugs to you both. I know I'll be preaching to the converted when I say you know the comfort eating will make you feel worse in the long run. I haven't got any advice but you have the support of everyone here so feel free to rant or off load.

Well done to the losers, I'm really hoping to be one myself tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Back soon,

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Good luck for LL for WI tomorrow.

Denise
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry not been around much but can you pop me down for a 3.5lb loss for this week please Shala thanks
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What I don't understand is why it censors it in the name but not when typed out by Saver-upper?!

I think it is because I put spaces within the name,and it got past the filters.

I have had a bizarre day today,and my appetite has completely gone.2 bizarre incidents today.

Before the day went crazy,for

Breakfast I had bacon,an egg,baked beans,baby plum tomatoes.

Have had no appetite for the rest of the day,but have just had a cuppa and 2 slices of toast (HEB+3syns) and Flora Light (1 syn).

And that is it.(couple of 1/2 cups of tea throughout).Will probably have a couple of hifi bars (synned ) later.\Or I might just go to bed.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family