Rambling on...

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I have managed to get time off work in the next week or so to sort out decorating and carpeting my home.

This is a major step forward for me and one of my key milestones / goals for this year... :D

I may not be on the boards as often as usual but don't worry, I am not disappearing, I will just be VERY busy.

Hope everyone is having a good one :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Its so nice to get work done in the home. Have loads of fun.:)
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • UncannyScot
    Thanks Parsniphead :D
    I do actually enjoy decorating and DIY.
    As I said, this is a major achievement for me, another one of my goals for this year. Will enjoy doing it and savour its completion.
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Mine really needs painting, its awful! I just never seem to have enough hours, or hands :( I got a quote from a decorator and he wanted over £500 :o nothing major, magnolia walls/white ceilings and woodwork. basically a freshen up of whats there! At that price I will make sure I find the hours :o
  • UncannyScot
    That is an extortionate quote Hiddenidentity even for a full house job :eek:

I was fortunate to learn from my Dad how to paint and hang wallpaper, he wasn't a decorator to trade, he was just one of those guys who could turn his hand to anything and do a good job of it...

All I'm doing is freshening up too, magnolia walls and white ceilings and white gloss on doors and woodwork. Should take me a few days. I really need to have it done for before the carpets get fitted. I'm taking a few days off to do the work but I am looking forward to it and I know it will be great when it is done :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,230 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    We have been gradually stripping the wallpaper off room by room and replacing it with painted walls. Hey even I can paint :) HiddenIdentity even if you just do one wall a day it'll get done.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    Good Morning everyone :D
    Another day and another start to the working week...

Remember, don't let the B's grind you down cos you are all :A
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    As I get nearer and nearer to my application date (end of July) I am getting more and more hassle from creditors...

Have spoken to my CAB advisor about it and was advised to basically ignore them, as I am going for sequestration anyway...
    Apparently it is irrelevant as to whether or not your creditor puts your account on hold as when you go bankrupt, you pay what your IP / Trustee has advised for four years regardless of what the debt was... at the end of the four years it is all written off.

I am not going to let them get to me.
    Positive plans are being put in place for the future and I will get there.

Now it is time for my tea and then more Twin Peaks. I am on to the new series now and it is fantastic, Lynch is still a stark raving genius!

Thanks for reading :A
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,230 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Sounds like the creditors are trying for one final push for money :( It will be good when it's all sorted and they can't hassle you anymore.

Enjoy your evening.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    I agree, they are just pushing because they know soon they won't be able too!

Don't even answer the calls, totally ignore

Hope you've had a nice day :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport