www.the-legal-company.co.uk / Milton Firman - Experiences?

Comments

• Dear All,

I am new to this forum. If anyone would like information about Milton please get in touch. In particular, I am keen to hear from anyone who is considering reporting this man to the police as I am too and will be useful to share information.
  • I unfortunately had a bad time with my neighbour, who trespassed on to my property caused damage and was very aggressive. When I went to the local solicitors I was told that I had an excellent case to get an injunction. I was then asked for £5000 up front and possibly another £10,000. the solicitor was very helpful and assured me I would get some of my money back.

when I contacted Milton his advice and guidance on a no win fee basis was spot on, he arranged for an excellent party wall surveyor who is a published author on the subject. Milton arranged for a barrister and I won my case and got compensation and Milton and the barrister got paid.

Very impressed will use him again
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I unfortunately had a bad time with my neighbour, who trespassed on to my property caused damage and was very aggressive. When I went to the local solicitors I was told that I had an excellent case to get an injunction. I was then asked for £5000 up front and possibly another £10,000. the solicitor was very helpful and assured me I would get some of my money back.

when I contacted Milton his advice and guidance on a no win fee basis was spot on, he arranged for an excellent party wall surveyor who is a published author on the subject. Milton arranged for a barrister and I won my case and got compensation and Milton and the barrister got paid.

Very impressed will use him again

How nice that you signed up to a forum with the sole intention of praising a company. I am sure that all who read your comments will believe that they are a genuine reflection of your experience.

As for your final comment - are you planning on making a career out of entering into litigation with your neighbours? Few people would expect to have to engage a barrister once, let alone believe they might have to go to utilise them a second time ........ unless they are career criminals requiring a defence barrister.
  • I also encountered Milton Firman around June 2013. He took £100 to read my case summary (which had to be written on one page, A4 size - a difficult enough job on its own!). After many emails and phone calls he made all the right noises, but did precisely nothing. The £100 was raised from my church congregation because I was (and still am) on a low income. He basically fleeced me - and my church brothers and sisters.
  • RenJohn03
    RenJohn03 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 29 September 2014 at 9:46AM
    He's attempted to connect with me on LinkedIn. I work in criminal defence (mainly appeals against conviction) which might be why he has done that.

There was something not right in his profile so I asked members on the Save UK Justice Facebook page (many are solicitors and barristers on there) and the answer came back very quickly - he's not to be trusted. Also I was given the link to these forums. Hence my post.

He's not ripped me off but if all those who have been ripped off by him got together to make a class action against him, with gutter press present, he is not likely to continue the way he is. Rogue Traders also springs to mind.....
  • Only just found this thread. I lost money to Firman a couple of years ago - same old story; weekly retainer, no work done. I will catch up with him one day........
  • My husband parted with £250 last October and he's just asked for more money....just looked him up as i was suspicious something wasn't right and thank god i did. How the heck can he get away with this??
  • Mancunian
    Mancunian Posts: 963
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My husband parted with £250 last October and he's just asked for more money....just looked him up as i was suspicious something wasn't right and thank god i did. How the heck can he get away with this??

I know, it's crazy :(

I think the only way is to report take a look at:-

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

and report online:-

https://app01.actionfraud.police.uk/information/report/Account.mvc/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2finformation%2freport%2fSurvey.mvc%2fWelcome
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist
  • I asked Milton to represent my husband on an appeal in July 2014 and had £1200 off me for no win no fee if the appeal went through for admin costs. Wish I had looked him up sooner. He is a fraud and should not be trusted.

He messed up my husband's appeal as repeatedly I asked him to visit him in prison and he did not or video link him. I would appreciate any help in advising how I can get my money back or report/sue him and maybe reset the appeal.
  • Mmmmmm.... I'm another victim I'm afraid. The same story - monthly payments and no work done, just sympathy, sincerity and promises, and due to my current circumstances there's very little I can do about it. A truly evil man, preying upon those who desperately need help and remorselessly fleecing those who can least afford it. One day Milton, one day...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback