Money taken before invoice received

Received from hire care service Thrifty an admin fee of 2 lots of 42 pounds which is written into their terms. My daughter hired a car threw this company and paid for the hire with her credit card along with a deposit the car was returned on the 5/1 and deposit repaid to her, she has since received 2 separate invoices from them dated both 31/1 from a penalty charge notice for performing a probibited wrong term twice she does not live in this country so she followed the GPS and went down the wrong street twice? both these invoices have been stamped 'paid by credit card' before they were even sent out. She does not deny the offence and will pay the penalty fines when they arrive but is very annoyed that she did not give permission for this money to be taken out of her account and her credit card is still being used by this company, is this legal

Comments

• Kazzaw31 wrote: »
    she did not give permission for this money to be taken out of her account and her credit card is still being used by this company, is this legal

Check the terms first. You may well find that she did.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,031
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    both these invoices have been stamped 'paid by credit card' before they were even sent out.

It is quite normal as part of the agreement in the T&C for car hire firms to collect fines via the credit card.
    but is very annoyed that she did not give permission for this money to be taken out of her account and her credit card is still being used by this company, is this legal

If she reads the T&C I think you will find she did give permission.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure