help please with Universal Wealth preservation Trust

Options

Comments

• racey
    racey Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I searched Companies House but couldn't find the records for Universal Wealth Trust. Does anyone know the correct company name?
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    racey wrote: »
    I searched Companies House but couldn't find the records for Universal Wealth Trust. Does anyone know the correct company name?

These should help you:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/wTFPACM6IZyZlChRzXItfbNDRc0/appointments

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search?q=steven+peter+long

The last one includes all the Steven Peter Longs - only a small number relate to these companies, but it isn't just the one.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I support your right of reply, however it's probably worth remembering that there are several posters on this board who have had their posts removed or redacted as a direct consequence of complaints raised by Universal Wealth, and have been asked to not even refer to the raised complaint

So whilst I sympathise with your inability to post, it is somewhat tempered by my inability to post due to your actions. Please remember that this is a situation of your making
  • Doc_N
    Options
    This is a small extract from a post that was made earlier today, but deleted:

"I was posting as a person who happens to work at the company in question but not as the company. I know that we have applied for a corporate account so that we are able to post on here in the 'authorised' way but it has been 3 days and no one from MSE has even acknowledged the email."

I've got no axe to grind, either way, on all this, but I would like to see the companies' response - or a response from Steven Long.

Is it really the case that they're trying to set up a 'company representative' account to post, but have been unable to do so for lack of response from MSE over three days?

Could a Mod comment please, and maybe explain for their benefit how to get round this apparent problem so that they can explain the difficulties that they've apparently been having more fully?

I'd really like to hear from Steven Long, if he's in the country. Or indeed even if he isn't.
  • racey
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    These should help you:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/wTFPACM6IZyZlChRzXItfbNDRc0/appointments

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/search?q=steven+peter+long

The last one includes all the Steven Peter Longs - only a small number relate to these companies, but it isn't just the one.
    Thanks.
    Couldn't see any reference to "Universal Wealth Trust" though.
  • Reaper
    Reaper Posts: 7,283 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My guess, and I am only guessing, is they have rather shot themselves in the foot by issuing legal threats on everything (even where the grounds for complaint were were weak) as a first step. I imagine MSE is reluctant to let them post now for fear of a heated debate between disgruntled customers and the company with an increased chance of further potentially libellous statements making things worse.

If they had asked for the right to reply first they might have had more luck. I still hope they get the chance to post. I am always up for hearing both sides - that is what the forum is all about.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Is it really the case that they're trying to set up a 'company representative' account to post, but have been unable to do so for lack of response from MSE over three days?

Maybe the MSE person responsible for authorising company accounts is out of the country. Or seriously ill.
  • Doc_N
    Options
    racey wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Couldn't see any reference to "Universal Wealth Trust" though.

There's no such company, and I think references to that exact term may not be entirely accurate.

Steven Peter Long (born November 1966) has connections with various companies using the word 'Universal' but it is possible of course that despite all the references to him in this thread he has nothing to do with any of it.
  • racey
    edited 17 March 2017 at 2:04PM
    Options
    There's no such company, and I think references to that exact term may not be entirely accurate.

Steven Peter Long (born November 1966) has connections with various companies using the word 'Universal' but it is possible of course that despite all the references to him in this thread he has nothing to do with any of it.
    There is a website for "Universal" which mentions "Universal tax solutions" at the bottom - Steven Peter Long" is the sole director.
    There is a company called Universal Wealth Preservation based in Newcastle.
    It would be useful if someone could clarify which company the above discussion refers to.
  • Right_of_Reply
    Options
    What a surprise the individual who posted from the company had the post removed again, I think we all want to be able to see this so we can make our own judgements. From what I saw it is not saying anything bad about the other posts just her thoughts on the company she works for!

Equally but probably more importantly it shows that the company has been trying to Post but for what ever reason they are struggling to get it on, I agree with the post above that is requesting a moderator to help get the post authorised.

This whole debate has to me raised a number of issues for us all and that is why I have really got involved.

1) Assuming that the company is trying to post. (The fact they did post earlier in the week gives the impression they are trying to get something on) I understand that it has too come from a verified source so in this I agree with MSE, but I do have a problem with the apparent time it is taking. During this time we can all post about the company and make our judgements but the company can do nothing. If they are proven to have done something wrong, small or large we should see it but at the same time if they are just an ordinary company there are lots of assumptions and negativity that could ultimately affect people’s jobs and livelihood. False (I don’t know if it is or not) information is a serious threat to us all and must be balanced.

2) Why can the person / individual who is trying to post not be allowed to. Is it because they have said they are an employee? They are writing as an individual. If we take this track the ability to write will be taken from many of us. I read earlier in a Post that a poster said they were an IFA, which I don’t disbelieve (the post actually said that they had seen the presentation made by the company and they were factually correct) but if you take this line they should also be removed as we don’t know they went to the presentation or that they are an IFA. On a more generic note lots of good exposures about companies have come from people who work or used to work with companies and is anyone who says they used to work for a company not allowed to post by MSE , I think not.

3) With regards to negativity around legal threats, I don’t know if there have been or not but we should all have the right to challenge what is said about us. We have over the years gone from not being able to notify anyone about possible wrongs to having great things like this forum to let everyone know perceived wrongs or concerns, but we need to make sure the pendulum doesn’t go too far. If people are potentially threatening livelihoods this should be able to be challenged not just dismissed or put down to them being guilty for actually challenging it. It would be a sad state of affairs if an individual or company on potential libellous matters has to try and defend themselves on these legal matters on a public forum, with no or limited rights of reply. MSE states quite rightly that if you can show that a post is inappropriate, offensive and unlawful then you can have it taken down, but that they will endeavour to protect consumers interests so they will not take things down without a reason. MSE should in my view be to raise matters of advice or concern and in this instance it has done that, but I would as covered like to have a counter balance and the right of both sides, company and individuals to post their own non libellous views.

Can we please have the post reinstated from the individual or please can you repost it again and can the moderator look at getting an official reply.

Sorry for my war and peace but I think there a key fundamentals in place and I feel it is quite topical with the focus on potential False News at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure