Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    so have a mortgage offer but the bank wants to keep a retention as electrics need rewiriring. need to see if i can get the work done by seller. but a pain. and have managed to sprain my ankle to add to the fun
    rewiring or just certification? If they work you may just require to get someone in to do checks and sign it off
  • Dodds84_2
    Dodds84_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    We have been pulled back 3 times for Santander underwriter for different things. Now they're asking for a CIS form from hubby which the company he sub contracted for doesn't give as they use a different format so the middle man at Santander has recommended that they take what we've given but now waiting again! Anyone else had the same with this? We pass everything but just keep asking for more
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Received our mortgage offer from Halifax today

Applied last Thursday, valuation done Monday and offered Tuesday.

Can't fault them
  • We had a similar experience with Halifax-AIP/Full Application done on Friday, payslips sent off by broker same day and he called us yesterday lunchtime to say the offer was through and was being posted out to us. No survey required as we're in Scotland, (Home Report used.)
  • deviruchi
    deviruchi Posts: 24 Forumite
    My partner & I had an offer accepted on a property last week and we went through the application with our broker a couple of days later - unexpected hiccup in that the lender wants to see SA302s for me for the last 3 years (I'm self employed), as it turns out my accountant's qualification doesn't meet their requirements to just go on the certificate.

I actually requested them the same day our offer was accepted just in case, as it was something our broker had mentioned, but I'm still waiting for them. :( We have the AIP but the lender won't process the full app until they have the SA302s. If they haven't arrived by next Mon I'll ring HMRC again and see if they will fax them. I've never been a home owner before so feeling quite anxious about the delay, but my partner seems unfazed - he has a flat which we've sold; both his buyer and our seller are cash buyers with no chains so hopefully there is less pressure than would be the norm. Really want the SA302s to arrive this week!
  • Sedge123
    Sedge123 Posts: 597 Forumite
    We are waiting on the result of our application. It's been about a week and a half now with nationwide. Broker rang yesterday and said they needed a detailed statement showing our payments to our current mortgage got the last year. Have provided that and j know the valuation was done a week ago.
    Fingers crossed.
    Determined to save and not squander!
    On a mission to save money whilst renovating our new forever home
  • rewiring. had to get them checked and the electrician has said that everything needs redoing as there are no earth points and everything needs updating. trying to get a few quotes for work before contacting the seller to try to negotiate on work.
  • Hi thanks you guys some of your comments helped me a lot, iv lost time scale it's been that long only thing I know is that I had a valuation done last Monday 15th June till now I haven't heard anything back from them or the Brooker. Iv asked my Brooker and all I get is that he will let me know by today(yesterday) is this normal? How long does it take for the result to come from the valuation and when will I find out about my offer?
    Been over a week is that normal?
    Thanks again
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 25 June 2015 at 8:44AM
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    Used broker as partner has limited company but with 2 years accounts and SA302.

Viewed property on 6th June and made an offer

Offer accepted on 8th June for under asking price

Full application submitted on 11th June to Skipton Building society

Question asked on 12th June why company not at same address as residential- given reasons due to previous identity fraud.

Still awaiting decision, stressed over rejection as limited company, despite having all documentation. Credit historys nothing adverse noted and well within affordability with LTV 80%

Broker been great so far, updating when he can and thorough with application.

24/6/15: Got a call from my broker today and I have received a mortgage offer with the valuation done earlier than I expected.

Now waiting for completion for around Mid August

Brokers FTW
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • Not quite awaiting the decision yet, but thought I'd join in.

Buying parents house - concessionary purchase. They previously pulled out but this time its all go.

Time line so far -

31/05/15 - Decided to purchase parent's house on a concessionary basis.
    03/06 - Approached Broker for information on how this works.
    04/06 - Made offer of 75k to my parents for their house. They agreed to drop 10% as a concession. So require concessionary mortgage. Accepted.
    04/06 - Visited advisor to go through affordability and so on. Advised she was going on holiday so no progress until 17/06
    17/06 - Advisor calls to tell me I have a AIP with Abbey (Santander)
    24/06 - AIP to go to FMA. Nervous as anything about this. Advisor assures me not to worry as I should have a good case based on affordability.

24/06 Full application in. Waiting game commences. Parents have theirs in as well so chain fully formed I guess. Instructing solicitor tomorrow.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback