Stop being a Wimp!... DMP Journey

Comments

• Great news about the state of your finances, Ellie. Your excitement is contagious:j

It must be wonderful to see the defaults fall off your credit file:T. It's a long while yet for mine to do so but I'm looking forward to it all the same;)

Shame about your car troubles. You've certainly had a lot all on top of one another. At least you won't have had that awful feeling of panic when things like that happened in the bad old days when the existing debt was overwhelming.

Here's to plain sailing now towards your DFD. It will be here before you know it:beer:
  • Ellieseleven
    Ellieseleven Posts: 2,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Thank you CBC,

I found myself checking Noddle day after day to see if the first defaults had dropped off...it was such a good feeling when they finally did:D

Headlights fixed now on my car and paid for in cash;) Fingers crossed it lasts me a bit longer now (although I find I don't trust it at the moment and I do a lot of motorway driving so it is a bit stressful:().

I notice you are halfway with your debt...Well done, that seems to have happened quickly. It's all downhill from here, you will be surprised how those totals start to tumble now:cool:

Take care
    Ellie x
  • Thank you CBC,

......I notice you are halfway with your debt...Well done, that seems to have happened quickly. It's all downhill from here, you will be surprised how those totals start to tumble now:cool:

Take care
    Ellie x

Thank you:T

It would have happened even sooner had I not had massive unavoidable expenses earlier in the year and had to take 3 months on token payments. £40 a month towards debts instead of the £732 that I was paying extended my DFD a bit:(. I'm paying slightly less than £732 each month now I've revised my budget as the original amount was crippling. I'm still happy about where I'm at though:j
  • Ellieseleven
    Thank you:T

It would have happened even sooner had I not had massive unavoidable expenses earlier in the year and had to take 3 months on token payments. £40 a month towards debts instead of the £732 that I was paying extended my DFD a bit:(. I'm paying slightly less than £732 each month now I've revised my budget as the original amount was crippling. I'm still happy about where I'm at though:j

...but you never know what may happen in the future. I managed to cut my DFD by 4 years plus over time. There will be highs and lows but let's hope the lows are few and far between;)

Ellie x
  • ...but you never know what may happen in the future. I managed to cut my DFD by 4 years plus over time. There will be highs and lows but let's hope the lows are few and far between;)

Ellie x

A big thank you, as always, Ellie, for your encouragement and wise advice:kisses3:
  • Ellieseleven
    I logged into my SC account yesterday to find one of our BC accounts has been sold to Link Financials. We have had no notification of this happening from BC and as they have not defaulted us, this should not have happened.

I rang BC but their agent was a waste of time, telling me AR markers are better than a default etc. etc. Anyway, I am now going to pursue this in writing. This was always something I intended to do once the debt was paid as 6 years plus AR markers would potentially show on our credit file for approx. 11 years.

Not so long ago, I wouldn't have dared ring a predator, never mind argue the toss about AR markers:eek:
    :money:

Just shows how far I've come and all thanks to MSE
    Ellie xx
  • DH has 2 debts with BC and he has had letters in the last few weeks about his debt being sold on. The first letter x 2 said they were selling the debt and 2 weeks later he got a letter from Link to say they have the debt and they will let him continue paying at the same rate.

I'm with you on the AR markers, I read an article in the Daily Mail this week about people who have debt showing for 12 years rather than 6 years because of exactly the scenario you describe.

I can't remember what was going to be done about it but of course the credit agencies just said they are reporting correctly.
  • Found it - http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cardsloans/article-3698235/Credit-agencies-keeping-black-marks-borrowers-files-12-years-meaning-millions-turned-loans.html

Sorry it was back in July (I am still reading newspapers from then!! I read the main stories on the day the paper comes and then read the rest at some point and I always end up with a backlog hence me reading July!!)
  • Ellieseleven
    Thanks for the link EE, I always intended fighting the AP markers once my debts had been paid back as BC will be the only one left on my file (all the others have been defaulted and are starting to drop off). I'm going to write to BC and complain, I will let you know how I get on;)

Ellie xx
  • Ellieseleven
    Another month and another step closer to being debt-free. Only three and a bit payments left now;) The total amount we owe is £2,641 and I can't believe we are almost there! This is the lowest amount of money we have owed in over twenty five years and I have to pinch myself to think how much extra we will have left each month.

I have written to BC complaining that they have sold my debt on without defaulting me and requesting they backdate the default to early 2011. I haven't had a reply yet but I have noticed on Noddle that BC no longer appears but Link does. This entry shows one payment in Green with OK by the side of it so I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad. I do know the credit score has dropped quite dramatically but as we know it's the history that counts so I'm not worrying about that.

Take care all
    Ellie x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family