IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN issued by Elite Management

Hi. Can anyone help. I have been issued with a PCN for not parking wholly in a bay. My car is wider than the bay but caused no obstruction what so ever. They were bays alongside a metal fence and I couldn't get any closer to the fence. I emailed them and explained this but they have said I still must pay £60 (£100) as no evidence to the contrary.
Should I pay this ? It's a company called Elite Management Ltd.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,658 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    You need to read the NEWBIES FAQs thread which answers your query and gives you a template appeal.

No-one here pays Elite!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I tried to sift through the newbie thread and couldn't find the template letter to make a popla appeal. In my initial email I stated I was the driver
    Could you provide the appeal template ltr here please ? Also should I complete the popla form they have issued me.
    Thanks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 September 2016 at 9:35AM
    Slim1974 wrote: »
    Hi. Can anyone help. I have been issued with a PCN for not parking wholly in a bay. My car is wider than the bay but caused no obstruction what so ever. They were bays alongside a metal fence and I couldn't get any closer to the fence. I emailed them and explained this but they have said I still must pay £60 (£100) as no evidence to the contrary.
    Should I pay this ? It's a company called Elite Management Ltd.

You firstly need some background information about them.
    Elite Management (Midlands) Ltd
    Run by David Moseley. David is a minor shareholder but the company is owned/controlled by Gary Hart who has a string of dissolved companies and a colourful past. Apparently Gary is called "Mr Teflon".

1: http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/07/09/three-in-court-on-counterfeit-coins-haul/

2: http://forums.mg-rover.org/mg-rover-related-chat-up-2005-2/crooks-crooks-crooks-23679/

3: BMPA ADVICE ... http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Elite_Management_Midlands.html

Yes appeal to POPLA, not much you can really say apart from the space was too small for your car.

Contact the landowner and ask them to cancel on the same basis, maybe pointing out the history above

As coupon-mad says, simply do not pay them
  • gary hart no longer a company representative
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    gary hart no longer a company representative

good to hear
  • Just for info - that correspondence address on Companies House is a firm of accountants in Aldridge (my son used to work next door to it). Loads of companies registered there.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 11 September 2016 at 12:02AM
    Slim1974 wrote: »
    I tried to sift through the newbie thread and couldn't find the template letter to make a popla appeal. In my initial email I stated I was the driver
    Could you provide the appeal template ltr here please ? Also should I complete the popla form they have issued me.
    Thanks

Post #3 of the NEWBIES thread is the bit about POPLA and there can NEVER be a POPLA template as such, not a complete one to fit all cases. We've tried before and they get dated.

However, post #3 of the NEWBIES thread tells newbies to simply search this forum board for the name of the firm (first word or the acronym if a firm is known by initials only) and the word 'POPLA'. A search is the only way to be sure you are reading recent examples of good and relevant POPLA appeals. So in your case all will be revealed by recent 2016 examples when you search this board (not the whole of MSE) for 'Elite POPLA'.

In fact, I have just written a template appeal point for POPLA cases, regarding the usual 'unclear signs' point. It's shown in my post from today's date, in 'POPLA Decisions' so you can be the first to use it.

But POPLA appeals are made up of more than just an unclear signage point, as you will find when you read the results of your search. Show us what you put together with the suggested 'unclear signs' appeal point as #1 and then things like 'no landowner authority' etc. as you will see in other cases.

As you have named the driver as yourself, I'm afraid you cannot use 'no keeper liability under the POFA 2012' like other newbies do who came here before they wrote the first appeal. So do not copy stuff about POFA 2012 or 'keeper liability' verbatim into your draft.

BTW, we know there are some signs up and we know they almost certainly do have landowner authority! That's not the point. It's making them show it at POPLA that wins cases.
  • Hi
    Unfortunately, this is stressing me out.
    1. I have gone over the 28 deadline to apply to POPLA
    2. I just looked and they require your name and address - do we give this ?
    3. They require a reason. Which one do you pick if my car was too big to fit in their bay but caused no obstruction.
    Pls pls can someone put the template I should use on their reply here.
    Thanks
    I can't find on the forum.
  • Coupon-mad
    Template appal points are in POPLA Decisions (penultimate page) and you can use several. You need to look & decide which.
    I just looked and they require your name and address - do we give this ?
    Of course.
    They require a reason. Which one do you pick
    OTHER - like the NEWBIES thread post #3 and every other POPLA thread here - tells you. Then you attach your LONG PDF appeal as a document, like in every other POPLA appeal you will see. If you are about to tell us there is a 2000 word-count restriction, search the parking forum for '2000' because that's not relevant to you and the POPLA appeal you send will be much longer, with photos of signs embedded to illustrate your word document and stop the Assessor getting bored.
    if my car was too big to fit in their bay but caused no obstruction.
    That won't feature in the POPLA appeal anyway. Nor will any implication of the driver/who parked/who did what.

Go to POPLA Decisions (penultimate page, September posts of example template appeal points) or simply read a POPLA appeal in progress on page one right now, for inspiration.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure