PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

sweaty head/yucky pillows!

Comments

• maryb
    maryb Posts: 4,658
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    DH sleeps in a white teeshirt and as it fits quite close round the base of the neck it offers some protection to the pillow and the bottom sheet. Certainly the teeshirt is damp in the mornings but the pillow seems OK. A pack of three teeshirts is so cheap in Primark I just replace them when they get too horrible but otherwise he just gets a fresh one each night and a hot wash keeps the grot at bay.

I also use under pillowcases made from really thick white ticking which is thick enough to protect the pillow itself. They sell them in John Lewis for remaking pillows. As they are pure cotton they don't make the sweating worse which a pillow protector sometimes does
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • Emptynester
    Emptynester Posts: 123
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Another clean man:rotfl:, daily shower and hair wash, uses a computer keyboard so not getting dirty at work but still stained pillow cases, what is it about men? Seriously is it just men affected?
  • Kadeeae
    Kadeeae Posts: 652
    First Post
    Forumite
    I think we've stumbled across something here! :rotfl:

I don't have any problem getting the cases clean, but hate the fact that they get this yellow/grey/brown circular tinge to them 2 days after I've put fresh ones on!! :mad:

Someone needs to do a study, lol
  • oystercatcher
    oystercatcher Posts: 2,326
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    1st husband and second husband both caused same problem. Have also noticed teenage sons developing greasy pillows too !! It must be a male thing! Husband also dribbles profusely when asleep !! No 'dirty jobs' for any of them either.

Only solution I have found is regular changes of linen and also washing pillow protectors whenever I change the bed! I have a second set of pillow protectors for our bed. Not terribly MS but makes life easier and makes the pillows last longer.

Maybe now they are developing synthetic sperm we can just abandon our greasy, grubby menfolk and live clean solitary lives !!! :j
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
  • geri1965_2
    geri1965_2 Posts: 8,736 Forumite
    Make them wear shower caps in bed.
  • oystercatcher
    oystercatcher Posts: 2,326
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    geri1965 wrote: »
    Make them wear shower caps in bed.

I think someone should invent a giant 'whole body condom' that just leaves a little breathing hole at the nose. Then they could strip it off in the shower and all hair, grease and general yuck could be flushed down the drain !!
    Decluttering, 20 mins / day Jan 2024 2/2 
  • Kadeeae
    Kadeeae Posts: 652
    First Post
    Forumite
    @ Oyster & Geri

:rotfl: :T
  • OddjobKIA
    OddjobKIA Posts: 6,380 Forumite
    yep its us men we sweat at the head.....

as for pillows using a pillow protector helps as this is also washed at the same time and the pillow stays clean...
    THE SHABBY SHABBY FOUNDER
  • Greenqueen_2
    Greenqueen_2 Posts: 400
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just a thought. Does this happen with bald men?
  • V.Lucky
    V.Lucky Posts: 806 Forumite
    I am sure most of it is caused by dribbling when asleep.

The solution in our house is the thick pillow protectors with a zip and made of really thick cotton that Dunelm do. And I wash them every time the bedding is washed too. It seems to stop those horrid yellow circles on the pillow itself.
    :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport