Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Tui/Thomson ONLY

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Please repost on the dedicated Thomson thread, (about 6 lines down....) not a new personal thread, which clutters up the forum
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • tinnyboy_1
    tinnyboy_1 Posts: 92 Forumite
    I applied for compensation for delayed flight in march 2010, this was 2 years ago. Thomson finally wrote to me saying they would not pay due to technical fault, this was a year or so later. Since then I watched Martin on TV and he said to get the claim back in because technical faults are no excuse, so, in January of this year I re-applied for compensation for the March 2010 flight a full 2 months before the 6 year deadline, with all the information needed. They stalled until the deadline was up and then the day after I received letter saying that the complaint had run out of time and as such they would not entertain it. Should I leave it as I have not got a leg to stand on, or should I pursue it as they used unfair stalling tactics to take it beyond a cut off date.
    ( courts can not hear about cases more than six years old i believe)
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,534
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    tinnyboy_1 wrote: »
    Should I leave it as I have not got a leg to stand on, or should I pursue it as they used unfair stalling tactics to take it beyond a cut off date.

you have nowhere to pursue it. Although you claimed from them before the 6 years, you need to have commenced court action before this date.
    When you contacted them 2 months before the deadline you should have given them 14 days to pay and then started court action
    It's a shame you did not find this forum and Vauban's guide before now but that's the way it is
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    But you could make a complaint to the CAA about their deliberate stalling tactics. Unless people make complaints about the airlines' unprofessional and unethical behaviour, the CAA won't know there is a problem. It may not helkp you but it may help someone else in the future.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • I have already tried to post this but don't know if it's in the right place so trying again for all fellow passengers.

Our flight had to return to Barbados a couple of hours into the flight as 4 out of 5 toilets were out of order due to a known problem that had affected one of the toilets before take-off which was supposed to have been fixed.

We were taken to a hotel for the remainder of the night (arriving at approx 2am) and eventually flew home late afternoon on 18/12/2011 so were delayed for almost 24 hrs.

We claimed for the delay when we heard about the compensation in September 2013 and were turned down by Thomson so we wrote to the CAA who said they'd referred the claim back to Thomson, who again turned us down.

In January this year we were told about Resolver on an MSE email so thought we'd try again, since criteria regarding "extraordinary circumstances" seems to have changed. We received our cheque for the full amount of the pounds sterling equivalent of 600 euros each last week. A big big thank you to Martin and the team.

So if anyone reading this was on the same flight - what are you waiting for??
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 31 May 2016 at 8:45PM
    If they hadn't paid i'd have kicked up a right stink.
  • Looking for anyone booked on the flight TOM 6278 to Tenerife on November 24th 2015. I have had no response to my compensation claim and wondered if anyone else has? Also, what have people claimed for, and what processes they have used.
  • hulahoop09
    hulahoop09 Posts: 689 Forumite
    On 16/10/2014 we (2 adults, 2 yr old and 11 mnth old) were due to fly back from Dalaman to Birmingham. Before we left the hotel the rep advised us therebwas a 6 hour delay. We were still required to go to the airport. At some point we remember being told it was a technical error. Apparantly the aircraft thought it was in the air but it was still on the ground (in Birmingham I believe). At the time I looked into claiming back but would have been unsuccessful due to technical error. I yesterday decided to submit a claim using MSE template. Any idea on my chances folks? Lol. On flight stats it says flight landed 306 mins delay into birmingham. Thank you. :-)
    July 2013 wins: Lilac Skoot, Night out for 2 at Nandos & Cineworld
    Best wins so far: £500, GHD styler, Tassimo T40 Machine
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    As long as the delay wasn't due to an extraordinary circumstance you have a valid claim. Technical difficulties with the aircraft is inherent in the running of an aircraft. You have a great chance of compensation
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,534
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    hulahoop09 wrote: »
    Any idea on my chances folks?

don't see why not...EUClaim shows €400 per person compensation due as does Botts
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback