Kensington Mortgage application timescale

Comments

• We have yeah but only because they had everything other than the kitchen sink off us from a previous application from april and the sale fell through as when they done the valuation the down valued it by £15,000!!!!! (So as u can imagine were anxious for this new property valuation) The seller removed the last propery from the market. They just had to cross reference it all to a new application for new property. im still waiting for the to request a DNA sample though 😂! No date for valuation as yet but they said they will be contacting the estate agents by close of business tomorrow

🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
  • Can anyone give me an indication on what sort of questions and queries kensington have come back to them with. We had a DIP, found a property and had a bid accepted and the full application went in a few days ago. They have 3 months payslips, 3 months bank statements, gifted deposit letter and all of the documents signed. I am just preparing myself for what sort of questions they might ask me on my spending habits etc.

The broker has said the affordability is not a problem, we were passed on the initial credit score and the defaults were old enough that they weren't an issue but I have never done this before and like to be prepared.

Thanks
  • We had to send 12 month statements, proof of deposit and where its came from, utility bills, tenancy agreements, proof of rental payments ID for the person gifting and they had to send another letter stating that they give permission to hold their details on file and proof off address from previous address as not on electrol roll (we called united utilities for this and they emailed it over) letter of explination for signatures being slightly different. References from landlords fpr the past 3 years (they send for this but will want their details) But it depends on your case and personal circumstances xx
  • We had to send 12 month statements, proof of deposit and where its came from, utility bills, tenancy agreements, proof of rental payments ID for the person gifting and they had to send another letter stating that they give permission to hold their details on file and proof off address from previous address as not on electrol roll (we called united utilities for this and they emailed it over) letter of explination for signatures being slightly different. References from landlords fpr the past 3 years (they send for this but will want their details) But it depends on your case and personal circumstances xx

Thanks for that, they haven't asked for my landlords details as yet. I am hoping they don't to be honest as I want to give notice until we know for certain that we will be aprroved
  • obay
    obay Posts: 570 Forumite
    They never asked us landlord details but our broker hinted that we might require them.. Your cases seem not so straight forward as ours?
    [STRIKE]1/12/16 - £152,599.00 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]11/11/17 - £145,990.00 [/STRIKE] <> Overpaid £3916.
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
    Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37
  • No its a pretty complex case to be fair my partner was a bit of a gypsey a few years ago lol nothing untoward but just didnt think how not leaving a trail on his credit report would effect him in the future so theyve had to have prove from previous address. Hes self employed too so maybe thats why they want landlord references as they cant get an employee reference. We still dont have a date yet for our valuation but as previously mentions this was instructed friday just gone. They have absolutely everything that we could possibly provide and i honestly can not think of anything else they could request so im hoping it wont be long now until it goes to offer. Xx
  • Have proof* sorry there a tonne of spelling mistakes in that last post! Im tired, its been a long day LOL!!
  • browneyone
    browneyone Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ajhoyle wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Hope all is progressing well :)
    we also had our valuation on the 22nd, waiting on Mortgage offer now. Hoping to receive in the next couple of days. Fingers crossed!!

Sending kensington speedy dust to us all..... (yeah right)

Yes we had that a day or two after our application was submitted to them.
  • StartingOut
    StartingOut Posts: 35 Forumite
    So survey was a week ago and we haven't heard anything about an offer! All I feel like I do is wait for people to do things... please hurry up!
  • They havent book our valuation yet either &#55357;&#56849; Ive just messages our advisor to chase it up! I feel the same though, wish they'd shift it along a bit quicker lol xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback