The Sewing Room

Options

Comments

• Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hmo, thank you for those links!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • hmo
    hmo Posts: 1,213 Forumite
    Options
    I got my DS wallet done yesterday in between housework so that today i could have more time on the machine! :-)

you can see it on my blog it is here http://sharonfranklin.blogspot.com/2011/05/wallet-from-my-ds-jeans.html

thats fab i am sure he will love it
  • hmo
    Options
    Ive made this today
    corkboard2.jpg

details on my blog
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have just subscribed to a couple of magazines my Mum pointed me into the direction of, but already I have forgotten the name of one of them! eek,
    the second is called Simply Homemade. Its on issue 3 at the moment. But it looked quite rounded for a crafting magazine so we will see when it arrives. I managed to do a back order for issue 3 but issue 1 and 2 were sold out. Ah well.
    I didnt get to do anymore sewing, but managed to find another box full of fabrics, and BF carried it up to my work room before he left.
    We concentrated on the garden yesterday and then he did the loft ladder/hatch and I finally cleared the front room of boxes!
    (its only taken me 5 months! ). Only my bedroom to go now then!
    I have all those bags etc cut out from Friday night, so if I get DGD settled this evening, and I am not completely exhausted I may have a sew.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    hmo wrote: »
    Ive made this today
    corkboard2.jpg

details on my blog

Thats exactly the kind of thing I want to make to go above the cutting table in my room!.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hmo
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    I have just subscribed to a couple of magazines my Mum pointed me into the direction of, but already I have forgotten the name of one of them! eek,
    the second is called Simply Homemade. Its on issue 3 at the moment. But it looked quite rounded for a crafting magazine so we will see when it arrives. I managed to do a back order for issue 3 but issue 1 and 2 were sold out. Ah well.
    I didnt get to do anymore sewing, but managed to find another box full of fabrics, and BF carried it up to my work room before he left.
    We concentrated on the garden yesterday and then he did the loft ladder/hatch and I finally cleared the front room of boxes!
    (its only taken me 5 months! ). Only my bedroom to go now then!
    I have all those bags etc cut out from Friday night, so if I get DGD settled this evening, and I am not completely exhausted I may have a sew.

do you ever stop? you always seem to be on the go i dont know how you do it:)

i buy simply homemade its quite nice ive not subscribed though but have had all the issues.

its as you say dabbles in bits of everything.

i also get
    sew hip,
    homestyle sewing
    sew (not everymonth),
    crafts beautiful (not everymonth)
    your home

and i am now waiting for the verdict on the mollie makes someone posted about on her the other day.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    hmo wrote: »
    do you ever stop? you always seem to be on the go i dont know how you do it:)

i buy simply homemade its quite nice ive not subscribed though but have had all the issues.

its as you say dabbles in bits of everything.

i also get
    sew hip,
    homestyle sewing
    sew (not everymonth),
    crafts beautiful (not everymonth)
    your home

and i am now waiting for the verdict on the mollie makes someone posted about on her the other day.

I am beginning to think that your right! I am very much incemand and the relaxed retirement of life outside of work just never has happened. (And here i am trying to start up a business again!)

Have any of you looked at this site http://www.allaboutyou.com/craft/pattern-finder/sewing-projects/
    There are a few simple projects etc there to wet the appertite.

Now I am resting for a bit honestly.! But I want to sew, but DGD will not leave me in peace to do any.:(
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Real quick question, I'll check back later as I have to go out now!
    I ordered some shirring elastic from ebay for what I thought was a reasonable price (doesn't compare to the 40p a roll from fabric land though :(). I've just run out of shirring elastic for DD's skirt and gone to wind the next bobbin using the new reel. It's really blimmin thin! I don't think it's even shirring elastic. It looks like what you would use in underwear. It has barely any stretch to it whatsoever and as such is completely useless for what I need it for.
    Before I make a fool of myself, could one of you kind ladies confirm that there's only 1 thickness that is actually called shirring elastic before I message the seller?
    I'm so mad, I have nearly finished her thing and now can't do it until tomorrow. Gah- rant etc!
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Here is a tutorial for a clutch bag. Havent had time to follow it to see if its easy or not though!
    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=24610.0
  • MissPixie
    MissPixie Posts: 2,380 Forumite
    Options
    I have been super busy today had to rearrange my craft room as we had no space for uni work and I had piled up the bed with stuff. My craft room is my little brothers old bedroom for when he used to stay here a lot he hardly does now but we have him for 5 days this week which means he needs a bed :(

It does look much better for being tidied because it is such a small room. Does anyone have any tutorials for storage, useful things for a craft room? I made a quick fabric bucket thing with a tab to be hung on a hook today, I am going to make some more smaller ones this week
    Getting married Wednesday 24th August 2011!
    :D
    2010 wins:
    approx £2198
    2011 wins value so far: approx £650
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business