Quote for a new Worcester Bosch boiler - is this fair?

Options
Hi guys,

This is my first post so be gentle. I was hoping for some advice please.

I've just moved into a new property and looking to get a new boiler installed. The one in there at the moment is ancient. I've been given the following as a quote:

Does the below sounds reasonable?

Thanks ever so much

For a worcester greenstar 30kw (5 year manufacturers parts and labour guarantee)
£2300

All prices include the following:

A magnetic system filter to collect all the corrosive metal in the water going around the system and also improve efficiency

A wireless, programmable room thermostat to control your heating system more accurately and in turn improve efficiency

A system flush to clean the heating system

chemical inhibitor to protect the boiler and radiators from corrosion and sludge

A gas safety certificate on completion

Removal of your old boiler

Extras...

The price to supply and fit each radiator including new thermostatic radiator valves
£130 per radiator

The price for replacing your radiator valves with me thermostatic radiator valves
£25 per radiator

Comments

• davenottingham
    Options
    Sorry if I'm responding to an old thread. Ive just had a quote for exactly the same scope- and that came out at £2200. So it does sound reasonable.
  • herbgardinia
    Options
    Hi -

It's probably reasonably fair enough.

They'll be able to get the boiler for approx 800-1000 through a plumbing supply company with a deal on VAT, the magnafilter and other parts won't cost much more than a further 200. The rest is labour.

I paid a lower price for labour - BUT my thermostats were wired (and wireless) so I paid an electrician separately to do those. It sounds like yours are supply only as installation for most wireless thermostats is reasonably minimal...

You can go looking for how much the parts are (- VAT) then work out your cost for labour.
  • davilown
    davilown Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I paid exactly that for a new Vailant combi last year - 3 days work for the poor !!!!!! because of the shocking pipework and the new gas pipe from the main.
    30th June 2021 completely debt free…. Downsized, reduced working hours and living the dream.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure