Can i resign while on sick leave

2»

Comments

• Chloepad1
    Chloepad1 Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi
    Sorry that you are not feeling too well at the moment. I am unsure of whether your company would be permitted to withhold company sick pay if you resigned whilst on sick leave. If your mind is dead set on leaving the job then yes I would say go for any interviews that come up and try to get another job, there is nothing that your employer can do to stop you. Good luck!!
  • Googlewhacker
    Googlewhacker Posts: 3,887 Forumite
    Chloepad1 wrote: »
    Hi
    Sorry that you are not feeling too well at the moment. I am unsure of whether your company would be permitted to withhold company sick pay if you resigned whilst on sick leave. If your mind is dead set on leaving the job then yes I would say go for any interviews that come up and try to get another job, there is nothing that your employer can do to stop you. Good luck!!

OP's post was from 2006....
    The Googlewhacker referance is to Dave Gorman and not to my opinion of the search engine!

If I give you advice it is only a view and always always take professional advice before acting!!!

4 people on the ignore list....Bliss!
  • Hi there, I am in the position where I have been for an interview and got the job as long as I get a reference from my employer, so keep your fingers crossed.
    I've had an operation on my leg and despite TWO fit to work notes (with amended duties) from my GP and my Consultant saying that I am fit to work, my employer is still not allowing me back!! They have not kept in touch and every time I've wanted information I've had to phone them and ask. I've now been off work for 12 weeks and absolutely broke!! Most people who've had the same operation have returned after 6! Is it worth me pursuing a case of constructive dismissal, I am not in a union and would probably have to go through ACAS or someone similar
  • Googlewhacker
    Googlewhacker Posts: 3,887 Forumite
    ragtag854 wrote: »
    Hi there, I am in the position where I have been for an interview and got the job as long as I get a reference from my employer, so keep your fingers crossed.
    I've had an operation on my leg and despite TWO fit to work notes (with amended duties) from my GP and my Consultant saying that I am fit to work, my employer is still not allowing me back!! They have not kept in touch and every time I've wanted information I've had to phone them and ask. I've now been off work for 12 weeks and absolutely broke!! Most people who've had the same operation have returned after 6! Is it worth me pursuing a case of constructive dismissal, I am not in a union and would probably have to go through ACAS or someone similar

You would be also better starting of doing your own thread, however constructive dismissal has a low success rate and you would have to show you have tried everything (ie gone through their grievance procedure etc)

Also bear in mind you are not fit to work, you are fit to do the amended work and if the employer cannot make reasonable adjustments to this they can say no.

I would suggest you speak to ACAS and see what they say and if you have home insurance you may have legal cover for employment issues.

Also yes you are entitled to holiday pay up until the day you leave.
    The Googlewhacker referance is to Dave Gorman and not to my opinion of the search engine!

If I give you advice it is only a view and always always take professional advice before acting!!!

4 people on the ignore list....Bliss!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport