~Make upto £10 a day challenge January 2018~

Comments

• Rosie
    Rosie Posts: 1,758 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    CBC so sorry to hear your news my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Rosie x
    Jan £10 a day £326.75/£310
  • shariann wrote: »
    So sorry to hear you have had more bad news CBC. Sometimes it just feels like the world is against you doesn't it. Much love to you and your brother and all the family and hope you are able to visit soon.

Thank you so much for your kind words, shariann:A

I know I've got major money problems:o and am not living the lifestyle I might have chosen if things were easier but I've always been truly grateful for a lifetime of good health and far fewer life problems than a lot of others have to cope with. I suppose it was only to be expected that sad/bad/difficult things would come along and affect me eventually. Just seems hard that they are all turning up at once:(
  • I haven't time just now to reply to people individually, sorry, but I just want you to know that I am truly touched by the very caring comments and condolences from so many of you about the situation with my brother's illness. The kindness of strangers is very humbling and lifts the spirits no end. Thank you all:A

Got to dash, OH has been ordered by me (and he's heard me for once:rotfl:) to take another carfull of his 'rubbish' to the tip. They only open 4 days a week now so we need to get on with it. I'm helping to squeeze as much as poss in to make use of every available space in his car;)

Will try to be back later. Have a good day everyone especially if the sun is shining where you are as it is here for a change:j
  • bloomfelt
    bloomfelt Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sorry I haven't been here much, although I did say early in the month that I wouldn't be joining in the challenge as such while we are in a frenzy of emptying (pigs might fly eh?:rotfl:) the house ready for the building/electrical onslaught. Moving stuff is one thing but finding the time to sell any of it is another. The charity shops have had a bonanza this past week.

I was hoping a lot of last year's misery was behind us and I was really approaching 2018 with a kickass 'onwards and upwards' attitude:j. Sadly have been hit with a major blow in that SIL phoned me on Tuesday to say my DB has stage 4 cancer. Spread from his bladder (for which he was being treated) to his lung. No possibility of removing the lung and radiotherapy not an option. Just going to have to rely on chemo. The consultant has given him 'months'. We hadn't been particularly close in recent years (physical distance more than anything else) but it came as a lightning bolt all the same. Needless to say I have slowed down considerably on my clearing/sorting which I really can't afford to do. He lives about 300 miles from us and as soon as my cold clears up I'm going to see him. At the minute he can do without anyone passing on infections to him.

Well done everyone who has got 2018 off to a great money-making start:T:beer:

Specially for newbies (and a warm welcome to you:beer:) I'd like to echo what Lynne and QueenJess said:

QueenJess Sorry to hear baby has been ill but great to hear that things are improving:)

Have a good weekend, everyone. Take care.
    So sorry to hear this sending best wishes and positive vibes your way.
    Make £10 (£3) a day February 2024 Challenge £56.13/87
    NSD February 2024 13/19 target

DF Journey start date 17/1/2024 credit accounts £3779.36 current £3376.31
    mortgage £147331.36 £146972.93
    HTB Loan £44000 £44000
  • bloomfelt
    bloomfelt Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    £4.10 to add from me for a minute £4 moc in Sainsbury & 10p Citizenme
    Make £10 (£3) a day February 2024 Challenge £56.13/87
    NSD February 2024 13/19 target

DF Journey start date 17/1/2024 credit accounts £3779.36 current £3376.31
    mortgage £147331.36 £146972.93
    HTB Loan £44000 £44000
  • Hi All - Long time no 'see'

New Year - New Kick up the backside!
    Please can I join in for this month? I know its a bit late, so i'm going to put myself down for £100/month.

I've missed this forum so much over the last year, and really need to give myself and my £ some needed TLC - (more £ less worrying)

Right - off to do some tidying and see what i can sell!
    Missing my money saving mojo. :o

39.13/100/month - January 2018 make £10/day
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hugs CBC

If I cash out from PA to Circle, is it still £20 to avoid fees or can I cash out less?
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • haybel19
    haybel19 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    I seem to be on a real go slow....

Just a few little bits to add...

£3 from Amazon
    £3 voucher from Swagbucks
    Make £10 a day challenge November £125.60/310
    December 417.35/310 January 512.33/310

£1000 emergency fund challenge 0/1000

Rule of 3 challenge 13/365
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 7 January 2018 at 3:06PM
    Wonders will never cease:eek:. OH came back from the tip, I made him a quick snack and now he's gone again with a second car load:j:j:j. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he can keep this up as there's so much else to go before we have room in the sheds and garage for the stuff we really have to keep.

Well done everyone on all the money you've been making so far this month. I'm impressed:T

Ooooh, just seen a PM from The Badger to say I've been awarded my 9 Year badge:j. Where does the time go, eh?:eek:.

Things are definitely looking up today, even the sun is trying to shine:rotfl:
  • £15 giftcard from swagbucks
    Missing my money saving mojo. :o

39.13/100/month - January 2018 make £10/day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills