Spend Nowt, Buy Nowt, Owe Nowt

Comments

• XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You sound on top of your figures, and have a plan - well done you. Good luck with seeing it reduce.

Thanks apple.
    Sounds like you have everything well in hand. My sig won't be coming down much either this month due to unexpected expenses but next month hopefully.

I spoke a bit too soon as in my excitement of sorting the BT out I forgot we are also having a tough month this month. We will both just have to keep plugging awayclearmydebts. Good luck with the debt busting :)

DH and I are both too tired to go through the budget tonight, he's only been in an hour and has eaten and gone to bed so will hopefully get that done tomorrow.

In other news the roof is covered for storm damage so £100 excess to find on top of everything else this month.:eek:
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Just a bump in the road it will get better again x keep plodding x
  • XSpender
    I've been paid today and It appears I have got my 6 monthly bonus :) albeit less than expected. I will check how much I have been awarded when I receive my email payslip. As I currently have no KPIs I will be a bit annoyed if they have not awarded me the full amount.

The good news is that even with a very expensive June with house insurance, insurance excess, a renovated bench to pay for and trips away and what have you to pay for this month, if we stick to the budget there should be some extra to go to the interest bearing sum on my CC :) I am not planning on starting the savings pots until next month when we are back to a 'normal' month if there is such a thing!
  • clearmydebts
    clearmydebts Posts: 6,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    XSpender wrote: »
    I've been paid today and It appears I have got my 6 monthly bonus :) albeit less than expected. I will check how much I have been awarded when I receive my email payslip. As I currently have no KPIs I will be a bit annoyed if they have not awarded me the full amount.

The good news is that even with a very expensive June with house insurance, insurance excess, a renovated bench to pay for and trips away and what have you to pay for this month, if we stick to the budget there should be some extra to go to the interest bearing sum on my CC :) I am not planning on starting the savings pots until next month when we are back to a 'normal' month if there is such a thing!

Brilliant news re: bonus! Not sure if there is ever a normal month in my world either! OH is waiting on a bonus as well. They were supposed to get one in December and there was nothing, although we did get an all expenses paid trip to Tuscany for 3 nights! Hope he gets it soon as I have great plans for it :)
    Total (Aug 19):€58,567 Now:€26,947
    DFD:Nov 22/June 22
    Mortgage: €199,712
    MFD: March 2042/July 2034
  • Hiddenidenity
    Brill news on the bonus even if it wasnt as much as you expected.

Have a lovely day :)
  • XSpender
    I checked my bonus and I did get the full amount. The tax man has had a big chunk of it though so I have come out with less than expected.:(

I am planning to pay an extra couple of hundred pounds of the first target card and the rest will cover all the expenses we have this month, that I was struggling to cover, without putting anything on the cards.

Not much else happening on the money front. Loans have been paid so the balance is going down and all the CCs are due out later in the month. I am aiming for £1000 paid off this month to get us well in to the 37's.

My stomach has been playing up over the last couple of weeks so when I get back from my 5 day trip I am going to overhaul my diet (as well as go on a detox :p;)), keep a food diary and see if I can see what I am reacting too.
  • Hiddenidenity
    It's still all going in the right direction despite the big spends needed. You should be proud of what you've achieved x
  • Hope you are feeling better soon.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Good to hear you have a bonus and can avoid hitting the CCs this month! :)

Any chance of a tax rebate at the end of the year?

Sorry you aren't feeling well. I have known people use the Fodmap diet to work out what they aren't tolerating, but I'm not sure if this is just for IBS. Hope you find what your culprit is.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • XSpender
    I am back from my short break and had a lovely time. I wasn’t looking forward to it but it was good fun and a nice break in the sunshine. I also spent only half of the spending money I took and that was after buying 2 bottles of booze and a bottle of aftershave for DH who had conveniently run out the week I went away. It’s a pity you lose so much changing euros back or I would have some more money to pay off the debt.

All DDs have been paid and the balance on the debt now stands at £37,772.25. I am hoping to pay another £200 off this month so that I will have paid off £2000 since I started this diary.:)

Insurance claim for storm damage has paid out and we are going to do a repair rather than a replacement and use the money to decorate our hall, stairs and landing. DH has removed most of the paper, we have a plasterer friend who will cover the aertex ceilings and DH and I will tackle the painting after a lot of prep to the walls and woodwork. We will then need to decide on flooring and doors but this can wait a bit longer while we save up. One of the big cupboard doors isn’t even attached to the door frame properly as there is nothing to attach it too and the carpets are very marked, the vax carpet cleaner we have doesn’t improve them much, so these items will need to be sorted but I do not want to get into debt for them.

I have done a big shop this weekend, nearly £100 :eek:, as I am planning to change my diet. I am already GF(coeliac) but am changing to grain and sugar free to see if it will help with tummy problems, the extra stone I am carrying and my energy levels. I am making a new recipe of sausage and cider stew tonight with mash and kale. It’s blowing a gale here so it still feels like stew weather.

Feeling a little unsettled with work. :( It is the contract rather than my job but one can quite easily lead to the loss of the other. My colleagues are feeling the same which makes me feel a bit better. We work quite independently so you can start to feel like you are the only one with a concern. We have a meeting next week to discuss this so we hope this will improve.

Now I am back home I must start to do surveys again. I would like to get to a point where they fund most gifts for birthdays and Christmas. We don’t have many to buy presents for anything over this will be used to stock up on bulk buy food items from Amazon like grain free flour etc.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family