Secondment advice

Afternoonnapper
Afternoonnapper Posts: 13
First Anniversary
Forumite
Got promoted last summer after a role in my current department became vacant - promotion was offered as permanent with pay rise.

Removed as identifying information

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    edited 15 March 2018 at 2:18PM
    This is the problem with well just do it on a trial basis on the old wage and we will see.

There is never any incentive for the company to ever pay you more.

the mistake is agreeing in the first place best to agree a temp rise along with the temp extra responsibility.

I think the message is this work is not important enough to pay extra so drop it and go back to your old roll till they decide it is.

if they are paying the going rate then as long as they keep paying nothing changes is someone expecting you to change or is it just this date on the bit of paper that has you bothered.
  • Afternoonnapper
    Afternoonnapper Posts: 13
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 1 August 2018 at 1:05PM
    Removed as identifying
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I think the position is clear, end the secondment by implementing the original promotion or return to your substantive post, either way the secondment comes to its conclusion.

They!!!8217;ve had long enough to reach a decision.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    edited 15 March 2018 at 3:52PM
    If you are happy with the pay and job just carry on.

Employment contracts work that way the only term that changes is the end date. Does the secondment have any notice terms in it?

In practice it's no different to permanent which in reality does not exist.

If some jobsworth tries to say it has ended just tell your manager to sort it.
  • Thank you. I'm very happy doing what i'm doing, so i think i'll carry on doing it and see what happens.

The secondment had no notice terms, simply an end date and information advising the only clauses of my contract that would change would be start date, salary and contract status (9 month secondment). All other terms and conditions of my employment remain the same.

My line manager won't be here when the secondment ends (and they won't have replaced them before it ends unless an internal promotion happens) and the new big boss doesn't really know me as they are not working out of the office i'm based in!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure