Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm assuming, given the rest of their system (!!!), that Yorkshire/Clydsdale don't operate any kind of "pre-approved" system for getting a proper account/credit card etc........??
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Curls2208 wrote: »
    Thing is I'll have to move my 3 % tesco account which I quite like ATM...it would be a shame to lose that and not gain the incentive....but then again a new bank will probably offer one in the next 6 months anyway, so I'd move the Tesco account then.
    Many people would have opened a new bank account to switch from. This way you would not need to close your Tesco account
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please could anyone clarify the conditions for the requirement to pay in the second amount of £1K? Is it following the 31 days after the date of the switch (e.g. on days 32 to 62), or within 31 days of the date of the first £1K transfer (e.g. days 2 to 33, if you made the 1st transfer on the first day after the switch).
    Or, to put it another way, does there need to be a minimum of 31 days between the two transfers?
    The T and C's as set out are slightly ambiguous in this respect.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Please could anyone clarify the conditions for the requirement to pay in the second amount of £1K? Is it following the 31 days after the date of the switch (e.g. on days 32 to 62), or within 31 days of the date of the first £1K transfer (e.g. days 2 to 33, if you made the 1st transfer on the first day after the switch).
    Or, to put it another way, does there need to be a minimum of 31 days between the two transfers?
    The T and C's as set out are slightly ambiguous in this respect.

I'm not sure if anyone here can clarify this as previous posts on this thread indicate a difference of opinion.

My feeling is that it's the former of these (i.e. on days 32 to 62) but I'd suggest doing it on a day that meets both conditions or making a third deposit (as I'll be doing) just to make sure.

It's also unclear whether on not funds transferred as part of the switch or deposited later on the day of the switch count towards the £1000 in the 31 days following the switch.
  • Nicholas
    Options
    I would say that it is £1000 in the first 31 days and then a further £1000 in the second 31 day period.

This would make sense because the direct debit criteria is setup and payment in the first 62 days.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    clivep wrote: »

It's also unclear whether on not funds transferred as part of the switch or deposited later on the day of the switch count towards the £1000 in the 31 days following the switch.

We did our applications in branch and that was a question I asked.

The answer was a definite NO, and TBH that has been the same for all incentivised switches we have done so far.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    No as in you have to put the 1k in the day after the switch has been completed?
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 14 November 2017 at 4:17PM
    Options
    My account switched today
    You've got 31 days in which to feed the account with £1K.
    So, if you put £1k in on Nov 20th, you put £1k in on Dec 20th.
    Bingo

No, money that was in the a/c at switch does not count

I don't understand why (nearly) everyone is getting hot under the collar- that's what other T&Cs have wanted in the past but they have worded it differently ie each month credit your account with £x.
    I suppose the difference here is that for the nice little bonus you only have to do it twice as opposed to indefinitely........
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • tempus_fugit
    Options
    clivep wrote: »
    I think this was cleared up earlier. The funds transferred as part of the switch do NOT count for one of the two £1,000 deposits required for the switch bonus.
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Bobblehat wrote: »
    Cheeky B's at Clydesdale locked me out and blocked the 2nd transfer of two £500 transfers out in two consecutive days! Got some bull or other on the phone about it was precautionary because it was a new account ..... blah, blah!

"I'll just put you through to the Fraud Team". Fraud Team? Jeez, I bet they are going to be busy with our forum members in the next few weeks! Sorted now.

I said I hoped this wouldn't happen again if I did a similar series of transactions in the near future ..... muttering under my breath "like in 31 days!" :p

Just had the same thing happen to my wife. We just received her token today, registered it then used it to change the date on a Standing Order which worked okay, then tried to move £1000 out to another bank only for it to refuse and message to ring 0800 121 4253 which I assume is the fraud team.

Oh well, that's tomorrow mornings job now!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure