PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning to all
    Why did you have to mention the ironing ? :eek:. Now you have spoilt a perfectly good day as I hate this ironing malarky with a passion. For me it's usually a waste of time because DH likes to hang his 'indoor' clothes on the floor :rotfl:, but he does hang his 'going out' ones in the wardrobe with a bit of persuasion er nagging from me ;). I too have an ironing mountain to tackle but that's because I try to only iron what we need for a few days. Sorry Monna I feel I've let the side down but I can send some over for you, should you feel the need to punish me and show me how it's done properly :rotfl::rotfl:
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    karcher wrote: »
    :eek::eek: at this time of night :eek:

General comment, not aimed at you burtha :)...why do people [STRIKE]waste[/STRIKE] spend so much time ironing?

Often I read posts on OS Board about peoples ironing mountain they must tackle :huh:

What exactly are they ironing? And more to the point, WHY?

I iron absolutely nothing, nada, zilch.

OK so work shirts might need ironing, but I never did (I don't own an iron so couldn't even if I was struck on the head and awoke with a desire to iron :p)..They were washed, then taken straight from the washer, given a good shake to get rid of creases then hung on a coat hanger to dry. Perfect :)

So what is this thing with ironing..I honestly don't understand it..
    And
    Life is too short to waste days of it on such a pointless (imho) exercise!

Thank you Karcher I am of the same frame of mind as you. I must confess to ironing a work scarf but it was a crumpled mess and I would have been in trouble. However, this was about a year ago and not done any since and have no idea when I had done it before. I have know people who iron socks:eek::eek: when I buy tops they must pass the scrunch test and if they don't I don't buy it no matter how lovely, cheap etc.For me life is too short to spend ironing. It's good to meet a like minded soul xx
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    No Problems monna it has not reached the temperatures there were in Malta yet. I was cold until this heat started.

We never get the heat you get in the south. In a normal year with no heat waves the hottest it ever gets in Bolton is around 18 degrees in August. Only in heat waves does it exceed 20 degrees.

Must get ready we are going to Ald!. We have not been for a big shop since April, so very down on stocks.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    I've never ironed anything for years. Number one son took the iron when he moved out and I somehow never got round to getting another one .. ;)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    I don't have an iron or hairdryer on the boat, so it's a chore I no longer do. My ex mil used to iron socks, pants, tights, everything.

As for my bedding, it's seersucker, so no ironing needed. I know all this makes me a shout, but heyho, you all k dw that anyway!!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Shout??? That should say !!!!!!. Though that word probably isn't allowed
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    Hester I have some seersucker shirts and love them, so cool and of course no ironing needed, but doesn't the bedding leave a pattern on your skin? I'm thinking especially of the pillowcases. If not, I might just have to get some :)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Ivyleaf, they probably do leave a pattern but my face is so wrinkled it doesn't make much difference!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    We walked to Ald!. It was nearly too much in this heat, i't only about a mile but I had had enough. Will have to go again they had a lot of things missing.

Guess what we are getting fitted tomorrow? Fire Doors!
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    Ivyleaf, they probably do leave a pattern but my face is so wrinkled it doesn't make much difference!

Well, I did wonder, because I can feel a pattern on my back when I've been sitting in my chair while wearing one of the said shirts :D

nursemaggie That sounds very unpleasant! I'm glad you got there and home safely, but it's very annoying that they didn't have a lot of what you needed.
    I'm glad you're getting fire doors, though I hope they won't be too heavy for you to manage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure