PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS ways and Poor Health

Comments

• Wednesday I buy fresh ginger and crush it and freeze in ice cube trays . It's handy for soups , stews and hot drinks . It also makes a good drink with lemon, honey and hot water if you have a cold .

AOT Any sign of the lift engineer yet ?

polly xx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Hooray Hooray! Engineer has been out and lift is fixed. Not that I took his word for it but went and checked and it actually worked. I am so relieved.
    Mind you it took another 2 phone calls and threats to get onto newspapers etc before anything was done.
    I'm absolutely shattered now of course. Talk about no spoons I'm missing shovels!!
    Thanks for all your advice and support.
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    *Hands AOT a shiny new shovel*
    I'm so pleased - you know what they say, it's the squeaky wheel that gets oiled; you have to be the squeaky wheel to get this sort of thing dealt with, I reckon.
    I hope there's good weather when you feel like going out, now. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Afternoon all.

I am one rather angry little princess today!

I have just discovered the DWP stopped my PiP(Care) payments...and didn't even tell me!....I have only just been awarded it....thankfully it was sorted by a phone call...but honestly, can these people do NOTHING right??!!! (I have posted the details over on Disability...basically the DWP assumed my sheltered housing is a care home)

Anyway, rant over....I am going to make a nice cup of tea and calm down.

Hope everyone is having a good day...and is staying warm!
  • Prinzess You really couldn't make it up could you? I'm fuming on your behalf . We go to so much trouble dotting the is and crossing the ts and abiding by all the rules and then this happens . It isn't fair to worry and stress people in this way . Drink your tea and be glad you aren't "them" x
    polly

• CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,755 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I fell from halfway down the stairs this morning and headbutted the wall at the bottom too. House Troll brought me an ice pack for my head, plaster for my bleeding finger and dressing for my scraped leg in the correct order without any panic so he's in the good books. The washing basket that I was carrying (and subsequently landed in) is beyond redemption - happily I'm not although I am very sore.

AOT Happy to see you have your freedom once more.
  • Oh Prinzessilein, hope you have calmed down and are feeling better now. Can't find the words for DWP (Well I could but they would be censored).
    Ouch Cranky. Rather the basket be wrecked than you. HT did well.
    Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do, Do without.
  • I'm so glad the lift is fixed now AOT . The squeaky wheel expression used by LW is one I use a lot . Polite and firm repetition wears them down and they just want you to leave them alone so they do the necessary .
    Rather late but I hope you enjoyed your Anniversary LW posh brownies and all . Wishing you many more with or without the brownies . Enjoy your Bluebell visit . It seems you made quite an impression on many of your former clients .
    Cranky I hope you've managed a good soak in the bath . I expect you'll feel pretty sore in the morning . A fall like that really shakes you up so try to take things easy .
    Your HT is lovely , you raised him well xx
    I wrote a lot of replies the other day , scribbling them out as I posted . All was fine until my long post went into the ether ! I know there were things i wanted to respond to but I'd obliterated my responses and can't decipher them :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I'll just have to wish everyone a restful night instead .
    polly x

• The head massage yesterday was nice, except I realised how tense I was when he started, especially around my upper shoulders. I completely misjudged how far the place was to walk to and I feel so shattered today. My bum and thighs are also hurting from sitting in the massage chair yesterday! I think next time I will bring a cushion to sit on.

One good thing is that it does feel like my sinuses seem less blocked today as I think the head massage can help with sinus problems.:A

Luckily, I don't have much to do today. I have the washing on as I'm replacing the blankets with a duvet so I'm washing the blankets to put away.

I want to make an online grocery delivery for the weekend and I bought a photo album at the CS yesterday so I wanted to put some of my photos in there. That is all I'm doing for today I think.:p

I'm sipping fresh ginger tea now. I forgot to buy lemons at the market so I had to use some juice I had in the fridge. It's a mixture of lemon, lime and orange juice and it tastes okay in the tea.:)

I have just discovered the DWP stopped my PiP(Care) payments...and didn't even tell me!....I have only just been awarded it....thankfully it was sorted by a phone call...but honestly, can these people do NOTHING right??!!! (I have posted the details over on Disability...basically the DWP assumed my sheltered housing is a care home)

How annoying for you. :mad:At least it was sorted out quickly.
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    I fell from halfway down the stairs this morning and headbutted the wall at the bottom too. House Troll brought me an ice pack for my head, plaster for my bleeding finger and dressing for my scraped leg in the correct order without any panic so he's in the good books. The washing basket that I was carrying (and subsequently landed in) is beyond redemption - happily I'm not although I am very sore.

Ouch, take care.xx
    Hooray Hooray! Engineer has been out and lift is fixed. Not that I took his word for it but went and checked and it actually worked. I am so relieved.
    Mind you it took another 2 phone calls and threats to get onto newspapers etc before anything was done.

I'm glad it is fixed now.
  • Vitamins and supplements! Does anyone else take loads?:o

I counted how many I take a day. I'm starting Evening Primrose oil and Agnus Castus today to see if that helps with PMT as my period is due over the weekend.

Combined calcium, magnesium and zinc - I take that at night with my Lyrica medication.

During the day I take -

Super B Complex.
    Resveratrol.
    Cherry tablet.
    Co-Enzyme Q10.
    NAC/ N-acetyl-l-cysteine.

I also take a general multivitamin, vitamin D and a B12 chewable a few times a week.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure