Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• star2000
    star2000 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I bought British Gas Home Insurance through Quidco in March. The advertised cashback was £80. It tracked but only at £50. I put in a claim saying I should have got £80 and the claim was successful and another £30 was added to my account. The cashback has now been confirmed and become payable. However instead of receiving the full £80 I have only been paid £30 (even less than the £50 which originally tracked!) I have submitted a support ticket about this a few days ago but not had a response. I also can't see where on the site to view my support tickets (only claims and I can't put in another claim about this or add to my previous one as it has been closed.) Can anyone help or give me another way to contact Quidco and can anyone tell me where on the site I can view and follow up on support tickets. Thanks
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I took out an AA credit card on 24/2/17 through Quidco, complied with the T&C's, the £45 cashback has gone into my account and tracked, but has still not moved onto the confirmed status.
    Can you please advise me how much longer I will have to wait until the cashback becomes payable. Thanks
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
  • star2000
    star2000 wrote: »
    I bought British Gas Home Insurance through Quidco in March. The advertised cashback was £80. It tracked but only at £50. I put in a claim saying I should have got £80 and the claim was successful and another £30 was added to my account. The cashback has now been confirmed and become payable. However instead of receiving the full £80 I have only been paid £30 (even less than the £50 which originally tracked!) I have submitted a support ticket about this a few days ago but not had a response. I also can't see where on the site to view my support tickets (only claims and I can't put in another claim about this or add to my previous one as it has been closed.) Can anyone help or give me another way to contact Quidco and can anyone tell me where on the site I can view and follow up on support tickets. Thanks

I've still not had a reply to my support ticket to Quidco and cannot find a way on the site to chase this. The Quidco rep on here also has not replied. Please can someone look into this. The ID transaction is 1626377961.The claim number is 2623188. Thanks
  • I raised a ticket with Quidco to change my email address as I no longer had access to my other one. Now my account is locked and I cant unlock it. Can somebody please help?
  • janiebaby29
    janiebaby29 Posts: 1,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    is the live chat still working ?? trying to go on it but it doesnt seem to work
    The original janiebaby ;)
  • lgb2100
    lgb2100 Posts: 148 Forumite
    Poor customer service ?

On 25th April, I used Quidco to join The Health Lottery with a £4.50 Cashback award.

It was tracked, however, on 5th May, I received an email from Quidco stating...

"We're sorry to tell you that we have had to decline your tracked cashback for The Health Lottery.

This is due to the fact that we are no longer working with the affiliate network processing cashback for this retailer, as it has become apparent that they are unable to pay us any outstanding cashback due to our members.

We will continue to speak to the network to try to obtain a resolution for you and if we should receive a payment for your transaction we will certainly insert this into your Quidco account. However, to manage your expectations, we do have to advise you that from past experience of this type of unfortunate situation, this is unlikely. "

I found this to be strange, as the Health Lottery was still available via the Quidco website. So I contacted Quidco.

On the 17th May, Quidco responded with...

"The issue with obtaining your cashback payment from the retailer is not a fault with The Health Lottery. Rather, the cashback has not been paid because the third party network (who act as the go-between for Quidco and the retailer) has entered financial difficulties and used outstanding user payments to cover the cost of their insolvency.

As your payment request has not been sent to the retailer yet, we'll be happy to direct this to a new, financially stable third party. It will take us some time to set up this new arrangement but you should see your claim update to "processing" within the next two weeks. "

Then on 23rd May I received the following...

"We are writing to you about your cashback claim. Unfortunately, on this occasion your claim has been declined as we have had no response from the retailer. !"

Unhappy with this, I contacted Quidco once again....

On the 2nd June, I received a response to my query.

"Apologies for the previous message, which was sent to you in error.

We're still in the process of moving the relevant claims over to the new network, which means your claim will continue to show the "declined" status notification for the time being. I apologise for the delay; we'll be sure to notify you via the account summary once the claim can begin processing again. "

As the two weeks as mentioned in the earlier e-mails had passed, and status still showing as declined, I contacted Quidco once again.

Response this time was...

"I do apologise for any frustration caused.

I am very sorry that you haven't received this cashback. Unfortunately the retailer hasn't been transferred to a different affiliate network, which means unfortunately we won't be receiving this cashback to pass on to you."

This contradicts the reasoning why my 'purchase' was intially declined.
    Once again I contacted Quidco.

Response received today (7th July) now says..

"To explain further, we can see when you have clicked-through to the retailer from your Quidco account, however we then have no visibility in to the purchase journey from you clicking-through to the completing a purchase and as we are unable to see this, we are unable to confirm that a purchase has been completed via Quidco.

When the retailer has advised that cashback has been paid to another referrer, this is usually due to another referrer being found in your browser cookies which are small pieces of information that are carried on your browser and when the affiliate network who track and pay cashback pay the cashback, they will pay the cashback to the 'strongest' referrer in the browser cookies. In this case, the retailer has paid this cashback to another referrer which was found in the browser cookies, however this doesn't necessarily mean that you made your purchase elsewhere, this means that the network have found another referrer in your browser cookies which was either carried from before the purchase was made or during the purchase. These referrers can include comparison sites, cashback sites or search engines such as Google.

For this reason we would always advise to clear your browser cookies before making a purchase via Quidco to ensure that Quidco are seen as the referrer of the sale and they can then pay this cashback to us which we will then pass on to you.

Unfortunately on this occasion as we haven't received this cashback from the retailer to pass on to you, we would be unable to investigate further.

I apologise again for any disappointment caused. "

Nothing of which is true regarding my purchase - as my purchase DID tracked.

What is the best way to make a formal complaint, on how my transaction is being handled, and the e-mails received, which appears to have been sent, just to 'fob-off' the customer.

I am considering in sending this problem, to BBC's Watchdog/Rip Off Britain - as I think it's worth investigating.
  • lgb2100
    lgb2100 Posts: 148 Forumite
    molerat wrote: »
    Anyone else had a £10.00 Quidco Bonus applied to their tracked cashback ?
    It appeared last week and I assumed it may have been the one of the May prizes but today it has gone to declined without any explanation.

A friend has....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyo108q8kuct024/declined.jpg?dl=0
  • star2000
    What has happened to Quidco customer service? it used to be excellent about 6 months ago - quick responses to support tickets, quick resolution of problems and regular help through this forum. Now support tickets take over a week for a minimal response and there is no-where on the site to view your ticket or follow it up, no-one comes on here to help with problems and I have no confidence that if I have an issue with my cashback it will ever be resolved. It is like a black hole trying to get any response. Please Quidco at least have a page on the site where customers can see and follow up support tickets (not just cashback claims) I moved most of my transactions to Quidco from Topcashback a few years ago but am now considering going back to using Topcashback again. At least their representative regularly responds to queries on the moneysavingexpert thread and tries to help.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    star2000 wrote: »
    What has happened to Quidco customer service? it used to be excellent about 6 months ago - quick responses to support tickets, quick resolution of problems and regular help through this forum. Now support tickets take over a week for a minimal response and there is no-where on the site to view your ticket or follow it up, no-one comes on here to help with problems and I have no confidence that if I have an issue with my cashback it will ever be resolved. It is like a black hole trying to get any response. Please Quidco at least have a page on the site where customers can see and follow up support tickets (not just cashback claims) I moved most of my transactions to Quidco from Topcashback a few years ago but am now considering going back to using Topcashback again. At least their representative regularly responds to queries on the moneysavingexpert thread and tries to help.

Yes I moved from TCB to Quidco but just had a Groupon cashback declined.

Never had Groupon declined on TCB.

Also waiting for EE broadband to track but have to wait 60 days. Should have gone with TCB.

Think I will go back to TCB.
  • Quidco are a bit of a joke to be honest.

Think it's time to switch to another cashback provider.

Hired a car at a cost of £650.00 in May, been told today that my cashback has been paid to another referrer - well thanks a bloody lot!

Absolute pain to deal with so they are.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure