Anyone tried the LadyCare Lifetime device?

Comments

• skypie123_2
    skypie123_2 Posts: 825 Forumite
    I think I inadvertantly bought the blue one which is what i think is known as the lady care one. This is the one for menopause symptoms but the one i want is for pmt.
    Do you know if there is a difference or are they just the same thing but marketed differently?
    xx
    I have realised I will never play the Dane! :(

Where are my medals? Everyone else on here has medals!! :p
  • Saint_Chris
    Saint_Chris Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    still got the sweats

although i have stuck to the radiator once and had a buckle of a belt stuck on me...lol
  • melbury
    melbury Posts: 13,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    well i've had it on now 24 hours and i've still got the sweats.

I hope that this really works.

Just wondered how you are getting on with the Ladycare device? Has it worked and stopped the hot flushes? Can't decide whether or not to buy one myself, it seems to work for some people but not others.
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time :eek:

• I have been wearing one of these for about a month now and still get hot flushes in the day but the night time sweats don't seem so bad. Going to carry on wearing it and hope things get better.
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    skypie123 wrote: »
    I think I inadvertantly bought the blue one which is what i think is known as the lady care one. This is the one for menopause symptoms but the one i want is for pmt.
    Do you know if there is a difference or are they just the same thing but marketed differently?
    xx

There is no difference; I asked the company some questions regarding both magnets a while ago. The PMT one can also be used all the time it helps Endometriosis etc.
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • Meadows
    edited 13 April 2009 at 8:01AM
    I purchased one of these about two months ago; I was well impressed at the time, singing its praises everywhere. Within an hour or so my hot flushes changed. I would feel one coming but then nothing, next to nothing at night, bliss good nights sleep for the first time in ages. (My Hot Flushes were every hour 24/7 and felt like some one was holding a heat gun against me, they had been like this for almost a year and a half).

Then about three weeks after wearing the magnet 24/7 I had a period? (My last one was 18 months ago), I contacted the company to ask how come. I was told this happens to one in 500 (guess I was the lucky one) and that it would only be the one period. Well since that period the flushes are back and in full force as though the magnet is now doing zero for me.

I am so disappointed I thought this was a wonderful thing; I will keep on wearing it for a few months to see if anything changes.

My first comments on this product: Thread #13
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Take it off and leave it for a few days, let your body settle down then use it again.

Sometimes there's a placebo effect with something when you don't know how it works, and maybe you've "lost a bit of faith" since the period.

Just a suggestion, best of luck!

I'd also suggest e-bay for a cheap one of these - the people who find they don't work will sell them on to recoupe some of their losses.;)
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • Meadows
    ailuro2 wrote: »
    Take it off and leave it for a few days, let your body settle down then use it again.

Sometimes there's a placebo effect with something when you don't know how it works, and maybe you've "lost a bit of faith" since the period.

Just a suggestion, best of luck!

I'd also suggest e-bay for a cheap one of these - the people who find they don't work will sell them on to recoupe some of their losses.;)

Don't want to do that in case it starts the whole thing again, including the period.
    Also the company said there is no benefit in having a break from not wearing the magnet for a period of time! No loss of faith, I am still hoping to go back to no flushes.

Watch the eBay ones - the magnets have a 10 year life. The magnets available on eBay have different packaging to the ones now purchased in the shops, they could be a few years old and they end up selling for a similar price to the shops.
  • The Ladycare was Trialed down in Harley Street London by Dr N Eccles and comes with a 10year lifetime. It can take anywhere from 48hours to 3 months for the device to kick in - as "everyone is different". Ladycare deals with Menopause and MN8 deals with Period problems and such. 2 different devices.... Ladycare is blue and MN8 is pink.
    I have not heard of any side effects from the devices nor expierced any. ( been a user since last August).
    Love & Light xxCSxx
  • Serena51
    Serena51 Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Post
    I first heard of this on the mse weight watchers thread! I must be the only person to have a side effect - the magnet gave me a red rash but I am a very sensitive skin type person...

Have never heard of any other side effects tho - oh, apart from sticking to the supermarket trolley handle as you push.lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure