Anyone heard of Kitchen Arts

Options

Comments

• CEW67
    CEW67 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Thank goodness I found this thread. Thank you all so much. I was just about to buy an ice cream maker for £85 (a ridiculously cheap price) and found I had to pay by bank transfer, which seemed really iffy. I popped into my bank this morning to sort out, but the staff there warned me against paying this way. There is no protection at all unlike with Paypal.

I, too, had an email from 'Yvonne' explaining that the bank transfer method was to keep costs down while Kitchen Arts ran a big sale. The email says that regular payment methods will appear from 7th March when the prices will rise by 20%. As I say, I'm so glad I didn't give into temptation and pay up.
  • Whatascam
    Options
    Hi all,

I too am a victim of this scam. I paid by bank deposit so I doubt I'll ever get that back.

Before paying I actually checked Kitchen Arts on the Scam Watch website and it turned up clean ... I wish I had seen this website sooner - it's a great resource, and after reading this it seems Kitchen Arts have no intention of fulfilling orders, so I have lost hope that mine will ever arrive.

I have reported this to the police at:
    wwwDOTactionfraudDOTpoliceDOTuk

It takes 20 minutes online and I would encourage anyone else to do the same and include the link to this site. The more reports the police get, the more they will be able to investigate and shut this company down.

I would also encourage you to take screenshots from the website. Things like "free delivery - guaranteed", "100% satisfaction".
    And your invoices, emails, bank statements, paypal correspondence. Even the website terms and conditions state how they are governed by UK Law, etc, which should make this company liable to prosecution. All of this is evidence of the scam and YOU could help by collecting this information and making a report to the police on the website above.

You also have the option of reporting this website as a "near miss" scam if you didn't actually pay any money. Alternatively, if you were scammed but got a paypal refund, you can still report this scam - there is a section where you can write about whether you got any of your money back.

Best wishes and AVOID KITCHEN ARTS!
  • deedee123_2
    Options
    I made a mistake and didn't check first to see if they were a legitimate company, blinded by the cheap price of the products! Silly me. I received absolutely nothing in the post, thankfully I got a refund but they lied in email about a shipping date that clearly hadn't even happened. Next time I'll check websites like these first!!!
  • shristinlea
    Options
    Whatascam wrote: »
    Hi all,

I too am a victim of this scam. I paid by bank deposit so I doubt I'll ever get that back.

Before paying I actually checked Kitchen Arts on the Scam Watch website and it turned up clean ... I wish I had seen this website sooner - it's a great resource, and after reading this it seems Kitchen Arts have no intention of fulfilling orders, so I have lost hope that mine will ever arrive.

I have reported this to the police at:
    wwwDOTactionfraudDOTpoliceDOTuk

It takes 20 minutes online and I would encourage anyone else to do the same and include the link to this site. The more reports the police get, the more they will be able to investigate and shut this company down.

I would also encourage you to take screenshots from the website. Things like "free delivery - guaranteed", "100% satisfaction".
    And your invoices, emails, bank statements, paypal correspondence. Even the website terms and conditions state how they are governed by UK Law, etc, which should make this company liable to prosecution. All of this is evidence of the scam and YOU could help by collecting this information and making a report to the police on the website above.

You also have the option of reporting this website as a "near miss" scam if you didn't actually pay any money. Alternatively, if you were scammed but got a paypal refund, you can still report this scam - there is a section where you can write about whether you got any of your money back.

Best wishes and AVOID KITCHEN ARTS!

Whatascam ...... did you ever try to go about trying to claim a refund? I too am a fool and made a bank transfer last week to Kitchen Arts as that was the onmly payment method they accepted.

I have only received a payment confirmation and now I'm concerned that the money is lost.

Deedee123 did you pay via bank transfer too or was there the option of paypal?

Just a bit angry at myself for falling for a con like this website. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated
  • Mr_Crunch
    Mr_Crunch Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    The website appears to be hosted by Arvixe in USA, with evidence they should be able to get it shut down. Starting point http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois/lookup?query=kitchenarts.co.uk.

Anyone who thinks they have been scammed should report to the police (http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/ they ought to be able to trace the bank account), Google (who take payment to list it on 'Shopping'), Easily (UK-based, the registrar), and Arvixe (the website host). But you need evidence or they'll do nothing.
  • sparkcymru
    Options
    I've been looking at Kitchenarts website today and quickly realized its bogus. Their prices are so low as unbelievable, well below trade price of goods in most cases, poor English on the site, no contact details whatsoever. It seems to be set up with lots of goods that look tempting and /or high end eg Kenwood Kmix mixer for £189. Yeah right! Stay clear!
  • ML15TH
    ML15TH Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered a Daewoo Microwave and after reading this I demanded a refund. I did get a refund, which I must admit did surprised me a little, which makes me wonder what is going on.. how can they make any money if they end up having to refund everyone?

I only looked at the shipping info after I paid, it says that I had to allow 3 (working) days for handling, the up to 7 days (working days!) for delivery.. that's like 14-15 days. No wonder they are getting everyone upset.

Just a thought here.. they have been getting negative comments now for months, if it's a scam (and I really think it is) then just how long can it go on without someone closing them down ??
  • ML15TH
    ML15TH Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Cliecost wrote: »
    I'm quite proud of this thread, they are clearly crooks and need to be shut down.

Yes... but you questioned the legitimacy of this site (thank you for doing that) 7 months ago.

How the hell have they been ripping people off for SEVEN MONTHS that's what I want to know.
  • frogette12
    Options
    I too was stupid enough to order from them... Should have known it was too good to be true.

Just sent them an e-mail mentioning this site and legal actions and I asked for a full refund. Got an automated reply straight away telling me that their system was down. E-mail ended with: "We will be responding to your full message as quickly as possible.".

I'll let you know if I hear anything but pretty sure I won't.
  • cry1969
    Options
    Now i wish i never order my microwave i have pay it by bank transfer.... and still not received my order. Ive email them couple of times and they said will delivered monday, yetersday and still nothing.... then saw all this comment.... can anyone help how to get my money back from them? I have request them to refunds back to me .... thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure