Can you haggle based on non-public offers?

Mithra
Mithra Posts: 15 Forumite
Hi all. My contract with T-mobile is almost up, and I'm looking to upgrade to an iPhone 5S on 4g. My company has an offer for 20% off vodafone contract prices, but I'd rather stay with T-mobile/EE.

Does anyone reckon there's any chance haggling with them to try and get them to match this? Obviously they can't actually verify that I'm telling the truth in any way, so guessing this may be a dead end...(I know the only definitive answer will be by phoning)

Thanks!

Comments

• ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    You can haggle and tell them whatever you want.

Whether they will actually price match or give you good deal is dependant on the advisor you're talking to and what the company can do at the time.

As of present, T-Mobile are not doing the best retention deals like they used to do. They'll also try and get you to upgrade to EE 4G as well.
  • Mithra
    Mithra Posts: 15 Forumite
    ZhugeEX wrote: »
    You can haggle and tell them whatever you want.

Whether they will actually price match or give you good deal is dependant on the advisor you're talking to and what the company can do at the time.

As of present, T-Mobile are not doing the best retention deals like they used to do. They'll also try and get you to upgrade to EE 4G as well.

Right, thanks for the advice. Upgrading to EE is pretty much what I'd be wanting to do anyway, was hoping this might give me a bit of leverage, though I presume not much :p
  • ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Mithra wrote: »
    Right, thanks for the advice. Upgrading to EE is pretty much what I'd be wanting to do anyway, was hoping this might give me a bit of leverage, though I presume not much :p

If you currently have a % discount on your current line then you can ask for that to carry over to your new EE line.

If you have a £ recurring discount then this cannot carry over.

Based on what i've seen some people have been able to haggle either more data or a slight discount.

What is guaranteed is that EE will knock the upfront cost off for you.
    But other than that it's best to ring them up and see what they say.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure