new hamper inspiration!

Shopping in town today one shop had little 'pods' with different themes, I thought they would transfer easily to hamper ideas...

e.g. Glovebox pod: had things like handwarmer, ice scraper, tissues, mints, pen and notepad, disposable camera (in case of accidents :eek: ), windscreen wipes, plasters and sewing kit etc.

Her Overnight pod: little toiletries including toothbrush and toothpaste, knickers and socks (also did a 'His overnight pod')

Golf pod: golf socks, tees, balls and some other stuff i dont remember, dont care much for golf!

Saucy night in pod: you can probably guess the contents of this one!

I started thinking about maybe doing an Office pod for our office secret santa this year with a small stationery set, plasters, headache tablets, emergency chocolate, sewing kit and safety pins, teaspoon (never any spare teaspoons in our office!), handwipes, screen wipes, etc.

Also in millets they had gifts in a bottle. Hard to see what was in them as I only looked in the window but made me think of my friend who does hiking and how she could have a little hamper with walking socks, compass, handwarmer, blister plasters, insect bite cream, maybe a footsoak or muscle rub and an emergency mars bar (she always insists on taking these!)

Hope these ideas are helpful to someone - I think Martin might need to write another book 'Christmas on a budget' as we could easily do a whole chapter on hamper gifts!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure