How to wire thermostat to boiler ???

I wonder if somebody can help me. I have a Worcester 24i junior boiler. I have recently purchased a Danfoss RMT 230 thermostat. I need to be able to connect them but don't have the slighest clue where to start. Could anybody give me some advice on what wire i requie and also how I wire the thermostat to the boiler.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Russ66
    Russ66 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Adding one from scratch is a lot more technical than replacing one, and unless you are a competant electrician then you probably should not attempt it yourself.

Some good advice can be had @:

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Or

http://www.diynot.com/pages/pl/

HTH
    You're Damned If You Do & You're Damned If You Don't :doh:
  • HugoSP
    HugoSP Posts: 2,467 Forumite
    Often with things like this the company's own technical help line (which may consist of one hairy arsed and knowlegable plumber/technician) may be a good source of information.

My guess is that there will be a link in a wired panel on the boiler that will need to be removed. This will be between what will be permanent and switched lives.

The installation instructions on the boiler should steer you in the right direction but I would contact the company anyway.
    Behind every great man is a good woman
    Beside this ordinary man is a great woman
    £2 savings jar - now at £3.42:rotfl:
  • Worcester boilers are a doddle to wire. The instructions in the book will tell what goes where.

Remember if you wire it wrong you could blow the PCB, which is slightly costly.
    baldly going on...
  • wilt44
    wilt44 Posts: 116 Forumite
    had a look in the Worcester booklet and it hasnt nothing in there.All it has with the thermostat is a diagram of the wiring no explanation of wher on the boiler to attach this to.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I had a danfoss room thermostat installed today! engineer charged me £60 labour, job took about 1.5 hours (including fixing a leaky rad valve in nearby radiator). if you don't know what your doing i would call in an expert.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • http://worcesterbosch.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction=literature.detail&con_id=125926&from_id=5029

Go to link above

Click on:
    Installation and servicing instructions 8 716 112 054
    Page 28 of pdf (27 of book)

All you ever wished to know but were afraid to ask
    baldly going on...
  • ajbaker
    ajbaker Posts: 173 Forumite
    I have the same boiler. Installation of the thermostat is not too much of a problem; the hard part is simply getting the case of in order to connect the wires to the circuit board.

The link above doesn't seem to have the document the poster was referring to, which is strange given that I know the document was there recently. You should have received a copy of the Installation guide with your boiler (it's NOT the User Instruction book) - I think the installer is obliged to leave it with you.

In this booklet it gives instructions on removing the casing (fixing in reverse), locating the wiring positions, and which terminals to connect the two wires to. Instructions with your thermostat will indicate which wire to connect to the two terminals.

Without the document to hand though its difficult to give any more info.
  • It has to be said that, quite apart from the recent changes in building regs which make it illegal to carry out electrical work if you are not competent and qualified, if you don't know what you are doing, you should not be undertaking electrical wiring anyway ...

Remember that central heating wiring runs on mains voltage.
  • Nobleck
    Nobleck Posts: 287 Forumite
    A Gorgi Registered Engineer should be the only person changing the thermostat. Not an Electrician and certainly not a DIYer.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You dont need to be Corgi registered to change a room thermostat.
    You do need to be an electrician
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport