Home Insurance Cashback Success

Comments

• I was quoted £484 for combined home contents and buildings insurance by my current provider Lloydstsb General Insurance, Using Martins tips and the tips on the site about Quidco I was able to save £254 and recieved £42.50 cashback too, with Kwik Fit.

I used the renewal quote I had received from Lloyds and asked Kwikfit to match the quote for requirements and they did. Thanks very much:j:beer::T:rotfl:
  • Jacey53
    Jacey53 Posts: 292 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Just bought home insurance from Budget through Quidco.

Premium £55

Cashback £35

Annual net payment £20 - WOW!.
    Sealed Pot challenge 2011 member 1051 - aiming for £365
    Frugal living challenge 2011 £4044 or less!
    Make £11,000 in 2011 £0/£11,000
    Planning a hand-made Christmas 2011
  • iz007
    iz007 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Renewal from Direct Line of £504.00 (a whopping 40% increase on last year's price). Shopped around using all Martin's tips and just bought a comparable policy with Sheila's Wheels for £214.23 (£259.23 minus £45 cash back via quidco). Very happy MSE now :j
  • Ladies living on your own, I went through Quidco and checked loads of insurances. Cheapest was Sheila's Wheels. For my one-bed 1st floor flat with accidental damage, I'm paying £4.50pcm (worked out at little over £54pa) with £20 cash back.
    :j I'm not supposed to be normal, I'm supposed to be me:j
    :dance: Quidco cash back since May 2010 ~ more than £83.13 :dance:
    Must remember to use it more, but every little helps
  • Loco
    Loco Posts: 103 Forumite
    Ladies living on your own, I went through Quidco and checked loads of insurances. Cheapest was Sheila's Wheels. For my one-bed 1st floor flat with accidental damage, I'm paying £4.50pcm (worked out at little over £54pa) with £20 cash back.

it took a little over a year for me to get my cashback from Sheilas Wheels the last time!!
  • richve
    richve Posts: 17 Forumite
    I used Cashback site to take out insurnace with Hastings Direct in May.Have tried both CAShback who state that they are waiting the retailer to come back and have contacted Hastings who say it is nothing to do with them
    cashback still advertise Hastings
    Any ideas on what i can do and is there any way of informing individuals who may be duped like me
    Can martinsmoney not keep list of those sites and retailers that break their promise
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Which cashback site did you use?
  • richve
    TOP Cashback
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    They are usually very good. I had a few queries with them and they resolved them very quickly.
  • richve
    I also have previously dealt with them and had no problem
    thus deduction is that it is Hastings who state it has nothing to do with them and imply there is some sort of intermediary

surely martin should have there problems more prominent to stop others from falling into same trap
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback