Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rose46
    • By Rose46 20th Jan 16, 10:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Rose46
    Any tips on how to stand out when house hunting?
    • 20th Jan 16, 10:56 PM
    Any tips on how to stand out when house hunting? 20th Jan 16 at 10:56 PM
    Well if I wasn't losing faith in the thread I posted a while ago, here I go again! Although I am trying to channel frustrations and feeling disheartened into being determined to fight this house battle!!

We're trying to think of ways to stand out from the crowd in our house hunt because at the moment all that's happening is we're being crowded into open days to view properties with loads of other people, you never meet the owners so there's no personality to it, the estate agents couldn't give two hoots who you are despite trying to give them any of our 'story' and then we just get outbid on places and start all over again.

So how can we be different?! We're thinking of leafleting in roads we like etc but that seems a bit of a gamble and low chances.

Other than that just putting together a pack to present to the estate agent/homeowner when we offer on a property to try and put a face to the figure, give a bit of bio and show we're financially worthy!!

I mean we're nice people! But this market is cruel
Page 2
    • NaughtiusMaximus
    • By NaughtiusMaximus 14th Nov 17, 11:44 PM
    • 448 Posts
    • 1,092 Thanks
    NaughtiusMaximus
    Put the word entitled in front of it and then read it again. Some people come from families where their parents gave them everything that the parents didn't have when they were children. It makes it very difficult for people to adjust when the rest of the world doesn't recognise that this person gets whatever they want.
    Originally posted by Cakeguts
    Entitled and pushy, which imo translates into a PITA to do business with. If they came across that way in person too and I was the seller, I'd happily take £500 less and sell to the next highest bidder.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

308Posts Today

3,786Users online

Martin's Twitter