Virgin Amex wont credit miles

Dear All

I took out a Virgin Amex Black card in January on the promise of 18500 airmiles plus a bonus of 6500 miles if I spent £3000 in the first 90 days.

Well I actually spent £7700 in the first 90 days but have not received the bonus despite a long exchange with their customer service department.

I keep getting the following standard response "I appreciate your concerns with this. I have reviewed your account and can confirm that our Marketing team have come back with a response. Your account was opened on 07 January 2015. The offer available at this time was 18500 bonus miles, which you earned on 05 February 2015. Regrettably there were no further bonus miles on offer at that time"

I don't know how to escalate this and don't have the original application form. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Comments

• jckh14
    jckh14 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Hmm I'm currently on the same deal, I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me after the 90 days :/
    Debt Free and Stoozing :)
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 June 2015 at 9:28AM
    Dear All

I took out a Virgin Amex Black card in January on the promise of 18500 airmiles plus a bonus of 6500 miles if I spent £3000 in the first 90 days.

Well I actually spent £7700 in the first 90 days but have not received the bonus despite a long exchange with their customer service department.

I keep getting the following standard response "I appreciate your concerns with this. I have reviewed your account and can confirm that our Marketing team have come back with a response. Your account was opened on 07 January 2015. The offer available at this time was 18500 bonus miles, which you earned on 05 February 2015. Regrettably there were no further bonus miles on offer at that time"

I don't know how to escalate this and don't have the original application form. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Here's a link from Headforpoints that gives the details of your offer.

And hopefully here's the Cached page :cool: as of 17th March

Looking at the HFP post the offer may have started on the 9th Jan so you may have applied too early and missed it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure