The Mad and Marvelous NSD March Challenge!

Comments

• Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    I got NSD 2 today.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Late as usual.

Can I please go for 14 please? thank you :)

NSD no 1 Wednesday, 2 Thuursday & NSD no 3 today.
    Good start to the month.

I count petrol & food spend as NSD's unless I go over budget.
    I dont count yoga either.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • NSD no 3/18 for me!
    Thank you!
    Target: to support myself through studies without borrowing money!
    70% of savings remaining, with 80% of time to go! (Uh-oh!)
    May NSD Challenge: 19/23
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    NSD 1/10 for me today. Easy peasy when you have an ill 8 month old who insists on crying all day. Not been out the house all week, am going a bit demented though :rotfl:
    Hope your little one gets well soon. I have my 4 year old with terrible gastroenteritis and I'm burning the candle at both ends; rushing home from work to take over from OH. Very, very tired. But all the rushing does mean NSDs likely! X

I hope that they are better ASAP.
  • marmiterulesok
    beanielou wrote: »
    Late as usual.

Can I please go for 14 please? thank you :)

NSD no 1 Wednesday, 2 Thuursday & NSD no 3 today.
    Good start to the month.

I count petrol & food spend as NSD's unless I go over budget.
    I dont count yoga either.

Oh,you're so good beanie! :money:
    candygirl wrote: »
    Can I join in again? Am on my 2nd NSD so far this month :j ps am aiming for 15 :)

No probs.You're signed up! :)
    I still haven't heard whether or not I can join the challenge, but I thought I'd report that yesterday (2/3) was NSD 1/12

I am not including my £35 weekly shopping budget on the NSD figure (It's just me and I don't have much freezer space so I tend to buy as and when rather than bulk buy once a week) I'm hoping that my £35 budget was overestimated so I'm also going to keep a record of how much of the budget I spend each week and how much money I save by taking the downshift challenge.

I tried the downshift challenge and bought Tesc0 value coffee rather than a branded version (69p), a leek (65p) and also the value eggs. (£1.25) Saved myself £1.99 which is really nice. :)

Food budget spend: £2.59/£35
    Total downshift challenge save for March: £1.99

Hi Starlighthappiness and welcome to the best challenge going! :j

Of course you can join.I'm just not always very organised about updating.... :o

Well done on trying the downshift challenge.Sounds like it's going well.
  • marmiterulesok
    Of course you're in, starlight! The more the merrier!

Marmite will update the list on the front page when she has polished off that crate of Mouldy Old Widow champagne. Hic!

Twas lovely,thank you very much.Just testing a bottle or two out for The Ennessdee Towers' next shindig,hick.......
    After all barman Igor does not want to be serving up any dodgy drinks to his esteemed clientele.That's you lot.

It does give you a wee bit of a sore head....Can we cancel today please?
  • marmiterulesok
    I haven't forgotten about the Feb challenge and will be updating and giving out prizes this weekend.
  • marmiterulesok
    So,a little roundup with the help of Hubert and his abacus.....he is getting better I swear.It only took him ...hm...three hours:

We have 14 active participants and a massive total of 26 nsds which means an average of 1.85 nsds each.

Not bad at all,my dear nsdsers. :j:j:j
  • First thing in the morning.Sun is out and I am trying to justify going shopping. I am doing my best to resist.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • marmiterulesok
    First thing in the morning.Sun is out and I am trying to justify going shopping. I am doing my best to resist.

Well,what do you NEED to buy?Can it wait til Monday....give yourself some time to think about it.
    If it's groceriesor something urgent,you might consider that it doesn't count as a spend.That is if you have a grocery budget or just stick to that one emergency spend,be it milk,a light bulb,tampons....

Just a few ideas to get you thinking. :)

Or,you could satisfy your need to shop ie window shop but go out without any money or cards.So,if you do see something you like,you can always go back next week if you really,really have to have it.

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport