IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Free Parking at ASDA Fleetwood until ParkingEye get their act together

Options
beamerguy
beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
edited 23 November 2016 at 10:12AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Free Parking at ASDA Fleetwood until ParkingEye get their act together

Parking signs at ASDA Fleetwood have all been fitted with nice jackets to keep them cosy for the winter

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/parking-signs-get-winter-jacket-at-asda.html

Asda Fleetwood should carefully monitor if their sales increase whilst this is going on.

Even if YOU have not got a ticket from PE, everyone should ask their council
about the PE signs in their local Asda

Do this by remembering that ParkingEye are very vindictive and love the courts giving you a CCJ

Comments

• Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't think it is a case of getting their act together.

Parking Eye's routine failure up and down the country to apply for planning permission and advertising consent before erecting signs and cameras, despite being caught out on numerous occasions, has in my view got to be a deliberate act to save money and cut corners. They also rely on the fact that if caught out cash strapped councils seem generally happy to provide retrospective planning permission and to not prosecute for the advertising consent breach.

And yes my local ASDA is infested by Parking Eye and no they haven't obtained planning permission or advertising consent.
  • StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do al PPC signs require Advertising Consent from the local authorities, or is it only in certain areas, or certain types of locations?

Should this always be put as a point of appeal to POPLA or as a defence in claims?
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • beamerguy
    Options
    They DO need to get their act together and comply to legal requirements.

Without the proper planning permission, the issue of tickets with non approved signs render them useless with no contract.

Councils who offer retrospective planning permission should be investigated
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Without the proper planning permission, the issue of tickets with non approved signs render them useless with no contract.
    Not true. An oft quoted simile is that just because a contract is written on a piece of stolen paper does not make that contract invalid.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    I doubt they would see much difference in turnover, if you've been frightened off by PE you are not very likely to go back in a hurry.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • beamerguy
    Options
    nigelbb wrote: »
    Not true. An oft quoted simile is that just because a contract is written on a piece of stolen paper does not make that contract invalid.

Don't know what the OFT refer to ? No planning wins at POPLA
  • beamerguy
    Options
    I doubt they would see much difference in turnover, if you've been frightened off by PE you are not very likely to go back in a hurry.

A very good point, the history of Asda is very poor
  • Johno100
    edited 23 November 2016 at 11:45AM
    Options
    They DO need to get their act together and comply to legal requirements.

The phrase 'getting their act together' to me conveys a suggestion that this is down to mere incompetence. When the truth appears to be that PE are deliberately ignoring the law in an effort to save a few quid.

As an analogy, if someone forgets to renew their car tax then they need to get their act together and remember to do it. Knowlingly driving around with an untaxed vehicle because you believe the chances of being caught are slim and you don't want to spend the money is something very different.
  • Johno100
    Options
    Don't know what the OFT refer to ? No planning wins at POPLA
    Oft
    an adverb
    archaic or literary form of often.
    "an oft-quoted tenet"

As regards your assertion re a POPLA win have you got any examples?
  • beamerguy
    Options
    Johno100 wrote: »
    The phrase 'getting their act together' to me conveys a suggestion that this is down to mere incompetence. When the truth appears to be that PE are deliberately ignoring the law in an effort to save a few quid.

As an analogy, if someone forgets to renew their car tax then they need to get their act together and remember to do it. Knowlingly driving around with an untaxed vehicle because you believe the chances of being caught are slim and you don't want to spend the money is something very different.

The law is the law
    Getting their act together includes ignoring the law
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family