Heard Of A "Silver Key" Address?

2»

Comments

• g18
    g18 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi peter
    did you manage to sort it out? I have the same problem have bought a new build in an area where older houses are built and have fibre and this house hasn't got a phone line fitted and shows up as a silver key address I need fibre due to slow speed of broadband so how do I get the address upgraded , could you or anyone please help me?
  • lee111s
    lee111s Posts: 2,988
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    One the line os activated the relevant databases will update and if you'll be able to order
  • LazyTyper
    LazyTyper Posts: 372 Forumite
    g18 wrote: »
    Hi peter
    did you manage to sort it out? I have the same problem have bought a new build in an area where older houses are built and have fibre and this house hasn't got a phone line fitted and shows up as a silver key address I need fibre due to slow speed of broadband so how do I get the address upgraded , could you or anyone please help me?

Your chosen provider simply needs to place the order. Resolving address issues is done by a dedicated team at Openreach during the provisioning process.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 21 July 2017 at 11:58PM
    basically Openreach needs to put a MASTER* socket in your house (and make in live)

*if this is a new house the builder should have done this

Also Virgin have said if the road your new build (estate) is coming off a road that has fiber, and your estate has the ducting (which it must) they will to cable you up.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure