Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Shred #16 done.

Presents for Head, Dep Head and office staff duly wrapped and given (total cost £8.80, again!)

Finally did some prep for work next year. I'll be teaching 4 different year groups and they all have a new text book from when I have taught them previously. I have the structure of the first half term sussed, and hope to be able to 'rinse and repeat' for the rest of the year...

Also did a little sewing and knitting. I am having to stop myself starting new projects until I finish these ones, as I know what I am doing with them, but might forget if I put them aside for a while.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Shred #17 done. Moving up to level 3 tomorrow. Gulp.

2 bags to Sally Army today, where we found a treasure trove of Leslie Charteris' The Saint books - 3 for 2, £1 each, so 9 books for £6, which we bought using credit from donations. Result. Dd also had a book - 99p - and when she asked how much a small toy was, she was given it for free. Yay! 0xfam yielded a boxed duo of brand new M0nster H1gh dolls for £7. And then instead of going in to Starbux, we came home.

We were fortunate to miss most of the pouring rain. Having to stay in meant that I overcame the ironing pile whilst watching the Tour time trial, as well as finishing knitting Santa #10. They all now have eyes, a mouth and a belt buckle and just need sewing and stuffing. I know how to rock a rainy saturday afternoon.

I am extremely grateful today that despite all the recent rain, I have not heard the ominous drip, drip, drip sound in my wardrobe that means that the container in the loft that collects the rain that comes in through a gap/hole/leak hasn't overflowed. Phew. (I keep my clothes in the spare room wardrobe {doesn't lead to Narnia...} as they have been soggified twice)
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Well done with shred, glad your toe has been seen!

Hope you all enjoy the hols!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    S (I keep my clothes in the spare room wardrobe {doesn't lead to Narnia...} as they have been soggified twice)

Ooof! apple y'all has invented a new word! :D Disappointed that your wardrobe doesn't lead to Narnia :( thought they all did...... not that we have one mind........ :(

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • apple_muncher
    I think that they may have to be real wood and not laminate or pretend ones... Step son-in-law is a chippie and only works with the real macoy. Shame he lives in western Canada...
  • apple_muncher
    Time for an update - have been rather slack on doing this for plan III, prob due to not having the routine of school to keep me on track.

Week hmmm/12 (will have to skulk off while nobody's looking and find out where I'm at...) Yikes 6/12 already...

Health: as mentioned recently, the toe is being prioritised for a while. I also need to arrange for my annual bloods (coeliac -y ones) and then get just 1 appointment to get both results. Shred level 3 done today,with just a few substitutions, so shred workout #18. I do feel stronger and am able to do more reps/ keep proper form for longer each time. Still eating some rather rubbish foodstuffs. Sigh. No counsellor visits for a couple of weeks as he has been away. My visit to mum didn't wipe me out as much as usual, although I do still find the whole travelling, doing things on/in the house and visiting mum exhausting.

Wealth: am keeping a close eye on July's outgoings, especially the food purchases, as we both know that this has gone up rather a lot recently. We were going to use tesc0 vouchers to buy our train ticket to go on holiday, but are looking for ways to quadruple them, rather than just double them (and with the amount we have, that wouldn't pay for the whole train journey anyway, and I'd rather not have to get off at Crewe and walk the rest...). We are all looking forward to the holiday. :D

Life well-lived: dd and I went through some of my craft books this evening and have put post-its on projects we would like to do. We plan to spend a day in Lunnon doing a walking HP tour. It feels like we are really on holiday now that dd is off too. Am slowly pottering on with clearing/tidying - which will no doubt grind to a standstill once dd and I start crafting :rotfl:, and just create more 'piles of stuff'.

That'll do for now...
  • apple_muncher
    The first day of her holiday, and somehow, dd is still in bed and quiet!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    The first day of her holiday, and somehow, dd is still in bed and quiet!

:T May that continue! (DS3 was awake and up at 6.10 here.... :( - am hoping that improves! :p)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    I finally woke her at 8.30 - I need her to sleep tonight!

Playdate friend is here and they have spent 4 hours making their own video. About toddlers having tantrums. Currently they are 'rapping'. I have sought refuge upstairs for a bit...
  • apple_muncher
    Dd is totally worn out. Being an only child (half-sibling are much 0lder than her), she is used to plenty of personal space and peace. Although she loves her friend, she is full on, loud, limpet-like! Next time, it'll be a shorter visit.

I have finally done some niggling paperwork - took about 1 hour - which can all be posted off tomorrow and finally be removed from my to-do list.

Shred #18 has been done. Nay, #19!

Some santas have been sewn up a little more - dd's friend kept referring to them as 'elves'. Oops.

Tomorrow we are off for my blood test then need to zip - as fast as the buses will permit - in the other direction to meet a work friend for coffee and mooch around the ch shops. We are rocking it!

Need to separate dd from her HP book and get her to bed...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback