5-blade razor blade for £2.99 in Lidl - Called Cien

Hi all,

Saw this in my local Lidl store the other day. Tried it out and gives an excellent close shave. I am not sure long the razor heads will last but will give it a go.

For info Lidl were also selling 8 (or was it 10) replacement 5-blade razor cartridges for £2.99. Will be popping in there to pick up a few packs.

By way the razor is flexible so it automatically fits the contours of you face ensuring a very close shave.

I can't find anything on google with regards the cien 5-blade razor; although there were articles on the 2-blade razor.

This is the cheapest price that I have found for a 5-blade razor and beats the ridiculous prices that other suppliers/retailers are charging for 5-blade razors.

HTHs.

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hubby and Grandfather tried the Cien razors and both said that they were the worst they had ever tried.

Both said that they pull on the skin and tear at the hairs as opposed to shaving them.

They both threw the spare blades away as both ended up with red raw, itchy skin.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Ok but I reckon they were using the 2-blade cien rather than the 5-blade one.

Please confirm.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Cien is Lidl own-brand for beauty products, thats why you can't find anywhere else.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Ok but I reckon they were using the 2-blade cien rather than the 5-blade one.

Please confirm.

Just messaged my grandad and he said that they were the 5 blade ones, he bought them both and gave one to hubby.

Mind you it could just be that they have sensitive skin to be fair.

Its worth a gamble for people for that price :beer:
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • bashful
    bashful Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Just put in my last spare blade. Is Lidl the only source for replacement blades or do other blades fit please?

Brian
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 18 March 2017 at 1:20PM
    Bizarre as it may sound the best shave I've got is from a single-blade Bic disposable razor. I've tried double & treble blades - they get clogged up too easily with all the debris.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • If you want a decent shave at a sensible price I suggest trying the ALDI "Lacura" 3 blade razor.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/3-blade-razor-shaving-system/p/067247020697600

It's simply this American product under the ALDI own brand name.

http://www.personna.com/product-details/matrix-3

Used to be available as an own brand product from the big UK supermarket chains, however they've all dropped it now, leaving ALDI as the sole outlet.

Personna are a well known leading manufacturer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure