DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 9

Comments

• dmb wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the max allowances are for basic stuff like petrol etc that Stepchange use. I know food is £340 (I think) Are these standard or does it depend on income.

Enjoy the weekend folks

For how many people? All depends on number in the family and not the income.
  • Mossop01
    Mossop01 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Hi patator, mbna were my first to respond last week too freezing interest, i was over the moon, had a few more less positive letters from others this week, but its early days. Fingers crossed with the job application!
    LBM Dec 2012 total debt 33,889 :eek:dmp started March 2013 DFD Dec 2024
    Nov 2015 balance £22,679 going in the right direction!!
    Onwards n upwards!:T
  • Mossop01
    Hi dmp, our food allowance for 2 adults and 2 children is £280 a month if that helps, but i dont know actual limits
  • Mossop01
    Sorry misread ur name -dmb! Got dmp on the brain!!!
  • dmb wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what the max allowances are for basic stuff like petrol etc that Stepchange use. I know food is £340 (I think) Are these standard or does it depend on income.

Enjoy the weekend folks

If you do their debt tool on the website I think this automatically puts in their recommended amounts.
  • Welcome t the thread.

Interesting user name! Mrs TTFTM has been known to be sent to sit on the naughty step. :rotfl:

HHx

Does she sit on the naughty spot though? :rotfl:
  • Does she sit on the naughty spot though? :rotfl:

I wouldn't dare comment, I think we thought we may be in danger of getting thrown off when the thread was turning into a book review of the 50 shades of grey era. I wouldn't want to stir all that up again would I?!:D

HHx
  • Mossop01 wrote: »
    Sorry misread ur name -dmb! Got dmp on the brain!!!

That will soon swap to become DFD I can assure you. Still you will be in good company until then.;)

HHx
  • patator wrote: »
    *subscribed* :D

I just had my first letter today - MBNA accepting the offer from StepChange and agreeing to freeze my interest. Oh, MBNA, I do love you (for the first time in a couple of years). Now, if everybody else would just do the same...

My DFD is 6 years and 4 months (beginning from 1st March 2013)...I'm selling the contents of my house to try to bring that down faster. Still hanging on to that £450 I have set aside to pay off a priority debt, as I'm applying to an energy trust to see if they'll help out. If they can do some and I can clear the rest, fast, it'd mean I can start paying more to creditors MUCH sooner than anticipated. Fingers crossed! I want to start dragging that DFD towards me like Bruce Almighty with the moon :p. I'll be taking advantage of the free listings on eBay this weekend, that's for sure.

In other news, I've been for the meeting to discuss my vocation (went very well) and I've found that there should be plenty of time in the interim to go back into good ol' paid employment. Dropped off an application for the PERFECT job yesterday. Closing date is Wednesday...more crossed fingers would be appreciated!

Hope you're all having good, happy and relaxed days!

Welcome.

Most of us start like that but DMPs wanting DFD as early as possible at any costs but DMPs have to be sustainable. Good way to think about it is a marathan rather than a sprint. Someone used to say they can have my money but not my life etc.

Fingers crossed on the job front for you.

HHx
  • Growurown
    Growurown Posts: 5,498 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    :hello: Just wanted to say hello to all the newbies joining our shiny new thread no. 9

When I started out we were still on no. 7

Lots of good advice and support for everyone new to the DMP.

HH I still haven't read that book!
    DMP Mutual Support Thread No. 421

Debt free date 25/11/2015 - Made It!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills