Currys PC World not paying out promotional offer

Comments

• I too have taken advantage of this deal and purchased a tablet and qualifying case. However it seems that Pc world has made it impossible to claim this money back as the web page does not allow you to upload a photograph of your receipt which is one of the conditions stated. I have tried to do this on many occasions and it just fails to upload ( I am used to uploading photographs and have never experienced problems before). The website claims that as an alternative you can email the receipt but if you click on this option they do not give an email address or facilty to do this.

It seems to me that this is an almighty con and whilst in my case is only worth £20 just think what all of the claims that cannot be submitted add up to for them. I have emailed their helpline at least four times since 26th december and have to date received no reply.
    I would be interested to know if any other members are experiencing this problem.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Have you tried using a different browser?
  • I have also bought a samsung galaxy tab, and got the qualifying case to go with it. I filled in the first form with currys, then was directed to fill in a very simular form with samsung themselves. My original claim with currys was rejected as it stated that the receipt had to be all in one image. My trouble was that the receipt was far too long to go in the scanner in one piece so cut it in half. A phone call to the help line sorted this
    . My next email received this morning from samsung stated that I had not uploaded a photo of the tablet it self containing a view of the serial and model numbers. I at no point remember being asked for this information in the original form filling session ( I also helped my sister fill out her claim forms so had twice the chance to notice this request). The trouble is, is that the numbers they are asking for on the back were on the protective film, that has been pulled off and binned. Can anyone give suggestions what to do next. Thanks
  • Hi Neil, yes I have tried that but all to no avail !
  • I too couldn't upload a jpeg of the receipt so I completed the form and sent the receipt seperately by email to help@curryspcworldcashback.com. After I submitted the form I received an acknowledgment with a Claim ID number and that I would hear back within 7 days. I didn't receive anything so called the telephone number on the email 0843 658 0737, I got through straight away, quoted the ID number, she went through the form and found my email and validated the claim and I got an auto generated email saying my claim has been validated and I will receive a cheque within 42 days (and 5 days for posting). So I will waita and let you all know what happens!
  • techno79
    techno79 Posts: 354
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I too couldn't upload a jpeg of the receipt so I completed the form and sent the receipt seperately by email to help@curryspcworldcashback.com. After I submitted the form I received an acknowledgment with a Claim ID number and that I would hear back within 7 days. I didn't receive anything so called the telephone number on the email 0843 658 0737, I got through straight away, quoted the ID number, she went through the form and found my email and validated the claim and I got an auto generated email saying my claim has been validated and I will receive a cheque within 42 days (and 5 days for posting). So I will waita and let you all know what happens!

What kind of case did you buy if you don't mind me asking?
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,039
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    There's a list of qualifying cases on the offer, and all of them seem to be tablet cases:

https://curryspcworldcashback.com/uk/en/pages/cashback/qualifying

Are you sure your camera case was on this list?

If not, then you didn't qualify for the cashback, so don't waste your money claiming!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • techno79
    techno79 Posts: 354
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pinkshoes wrote: »
    There's a list of qualifying cases on the offer, and all of them seem to be tablet cases:

https://curryspcworldcashback.com/uk/en/pages/cashback/qualifying

Are you sure your camera case was on this list?

If not, then you didn't qualify for the cashback, so don't waste your money claiming!

That list of qualifying cases only became available after the purchase window closed. Not only was the list unavailable but a different (and more stringent) set of terms and conditions were published during the claim window. I met all the conditions of the original T&C which was all that was available at the time of purchase.
  • Christopsam
    Christopsam Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 13 January 2013 at 4:10PM
    techno79 wrote: »
    What kind of case did you buy if you don't mind me asking?

I bought a Logik one. I paid online so I was able to get the code off the product information on line and the code was in the list of qualifying cases. It was a tablet case.
  • Juzza12
    Juzza12 Posts: 809
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I remember when that offer started and there was a link to the cases, pretty sure that there were not any camera cases.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure