Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Comments

• Wicked_witch
    Wicked_witch Posts: 722
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    KxMx wrote: »
    How rude! I had a dismantled fence panel that was broken and the man with a wood burning stove was very happy to come and pick it up! I don't have a car do dispose of it myself at the tip. And local council bulky waste collection is £20 for 5 items.

And I also gave away a dismantled garden shed that needed a few small repairs.

I had no intention of being rude, sorry. I should have thought the preservatives involved would make them unsuitable for fuel, but maybe not then!

As for the other things, maybe I should've posted the full ads for effect.

'i want {item} must be in fair condition call xxx-xxxx' If any of them had involved any form of please or thank you I'd've just smiled and moved on. :o
  • BatOutOfhell
    BatOutOfhell Posts: 100 Forumite
    On my Freecycle today is the incredible growing/shrinking woman....
    hi i am needing some summer clothes and shoes size 4-8 shoes and size 6-12 ladies please someone reply to this message

thankyou x

How do her feet grow so quickly???
    £2012 in 2012 Challenge £2051.06
    £2013 in 2013 Challenge £50
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    lol.... nothing like wanted and offers being of equal weight - from one person......
    offered:
    i have a very large card board box it is heald together with heavy duty metal staples, also a small regular sized box there is some packing inside the large box which was used to protect the item which came in it. collection today preferred
    wanted:
    Hi i am wanting to go camping for the first time this year so require everything it entails!
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    lol.... nothing like wanted and offers being of equal weight - from one person......

If she was clever she could go camping in the large cardboard box. 2 Problems solved in one. :D
  • catnap53
    catnap53 Posts: 232
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It is not a joke they say.
    I have several very large bin bags of pencil sharpener shavings which I have
    been collecting for over 15 years. They come in a variety of shapes, sizes and
    lengths. These may be of use to amateur gardeners as an effective soil mulch and
    weed suppressant, home crafters as a useful cushion-filler or pet owners as an
    environmentally friendly alternative to cat litter or scattered as bedding for
    hamsters. These versatile shavings could also be used as emergency confetti,
    pressed into briquettes for a wholesome breakfast cereal, sprinkled as a
    dandruff-simulator in training salons, individually tippexed and used as fake
    snow, sewn together to make a buoyant life jacket, used to help absorb vomit
    incidents, spread across apple slices for dehydrating, pressed between heavy
    books to form chipboard which can then be used to make kitchen and bedroom
    cabinets, added to paint to make a wood-chip effect or boiled up with onions to
    form a wholesome and satisfying soup.

Hope they're useful for someone!

I assure you this is not a joke!

• chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    catnap53 wrote: »
    It is not a joke they say.

lololololol
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Today on Freecycle

TitleWANTED: Peugeot 406 TD Estate
    Fromsammy2885
    DateMon, 11 Apr 2011 15:32:45 -0000
    LocationWill collect
    Description
    Must be able to drive it home Any help would be much appreciated
    Reply to this online at:
    http://groups.freecycle.org/freecyclewirral/posts/10380589
    Or by email: [EMAIL="10380589@posts.freecycle.org"]10380589@posts.freecycle.org[/EMAIL]
  • shelley_crow
    shelley_crow Posts: 1,644 Forumite
    on my local freegle, another begging post for higher value items, seems plausible

hello all im looking for a working laptop or computer for my littlegirl plz can
    anybody help?

except, her daughter is 2 years old! she usually adds a sob story but the mods have cottoned on to this and started editing her posts.
  • katep23
    katep23 Posts: 1,406
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This is an offered on mine which made me laugh:

hardrive for pc is 1 terrorbite
  • I recently posted my first wanted but I have given loads away. I got an email from a lady who said I want one of those as well so if you get offered 2 will you get one for me!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure