MoneySaving Poll: How much do you spend on your hair?

13»

Comments

• £8 dry cut - last time I went to a hairdressers was when I home coloured my hair to give it a spruce and avoid a visit to the hair dresser, being a cheapskate only went so dark with shop's own brand to save some pennies! so that backfired

Afraid I only go to a hairdressers in 'desperate emergency' and do give a tip :)
  • My daughter in law is now a qualified hairdresser so I just buy the stuff & she does it for free. :money:
    I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.
    Lucille Ball
  • pinknfluffy
    pinknfluffy Posts: 605 Forumite
    I spend £45 every 3 weeks on colour, trim & blow dry, if I'm going somewhere special I have it put up £15 - 20.

If I add the facials, pedicures, manicures, waxing etc I spend a blooming fortune.
    Be kinder than necessary because we do not know the battles that someone else may face

A103, A210, U211, EA300, Y163, AA316, DSE141, A300 = BA (Hons):T
    A815 MA (current)
  • PlymouthMaid
    PlymouthMaid Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    £12 every 8 weeks for a dry cut and around a fiver on a box colour every 6 weeks or so.
    "'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life
    Try to make ends meet
    You're a slave to money then you die"
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I go about every 6-8 weeks to a barber's and it costs me about £8-9 a time to trim my hair short. Although I often let it grow to MacGyver-like lengths before going :)

Since Mrs MbW's trained as a hairdresser, I'm happy to let her do mine, but she's only cut her mum's and sister's hair so far - she doesn't know how a guy's hair is cut (yet).
  • Every 6 weeks, £16.50 dry cut.
    “Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral. ”
    ― Paulo Freire, Pedagogy of the Oppressed
  • I look after my own hair, so I would say about up to £20 a year for the products.
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I have recently changed hairdresser so new price is £72 every 8 weeks for cut and colour and £30ish for shampoo/conditioner every 4 or so months.

Roughly £45 per month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport