Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    poorbutrich
    PBR's "M" for "mortgage" diary!
    • 28th Aug 11, 8:39 PM
    PBR's "M" for "mortgage" diary! 28th Aug 11 at 8:39 PM
    Hi there
    I hope it's ok to join you! I have been lurking on these threads for a while and have been very inspired by your stories and success.

We bought our house two years ago and paid too much for it! I resent every penny in interest we're paying on it and am determined to be MF as soon as possible!

I am married to a lovely, wonderful man who shares my dreams to be MF most of the time, but is very busy with work and studying, so the practicalities are left to me. While he's supportive of my extra curricular activities that I undertake in order to bring extra pennies, he doesn't have time to do the same and can sometimes come home with cans of beer or a takeaway! He's not as meticulous as I am with comparing prices and ensuring he gets the best deal, but he's perfect in every other way, so I can live with it

The other reason for paying off our mortgage asap is that I am six months pregnant, and it's recently occured to me that I won't be working (and therefore earning!) for six months, and that we'll most likely have a BABY at the end of the year!

I'm going to detail the silly little things that keep the wheels turning and how I am going to cut back and overpay as much as possible!!

Today's thing was selling various CDs and things lying around the house. Several things have ended on that auction site tonight, netting us 40, so that's a good start!

Looking to hearing your views and getting a good kick when my energy starts to fail!
Page 21
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,689Posts Today

7,321Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Warning! If ur going to Europe, check your EHIC card, 5m are invalid & out of date. How to check & renew free -> http://t.co/Nyt4WWxH3u RT

• RT @Gusseteer: @MartinSLewis BT struggling to cope with calls cancelling over 7% price hike. Told they will call me back in 10-15 days. Ver?

• RT @tyclaret: @MartinSLewis Great shout on the champagne at Sainsburys offer. Bought 6 bottles online this morning and saved a fortune.

• Follow Martin