PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• I shall be following this thread with interest (if i'm allowed? :D )

Since last summer I have lost approximately 1stone 10lb or about 11kgs. Feeling very proud of myself for making it so far, and people have been commenting on how different I look...in a postiive way I hope :p

In the last couple of months though my motivation has begun to slide. I have got so for by doing it the OS way, but just need a bit of a kick up the behind to kick start the weight loss again. Ideally I would like to lose about another 15lbs, so hoping you can all help motivate me, and if I put my target in my sig it's there for all the world to see, and to remind me :rotfl: So lets see.....
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    extra calories consumed tonight in the form of vodka, at least its fat free:T:T:T:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::j:j:j
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,467 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Morning All and welcome aboard snapping_crocodile :wave: ,

No show of the “shred” DVD yesterday :cry: but the book I ordered at the same time arrived :T– so instead of working up a sweat I turned into a couch potato and spent most of the day reading.

I have tried valiantly to persist with the salads in the hopes that summer was just around the corner but gave up following yesterday’s cold, wet, November-like weather – the heating is back on and I’ve been resorting to winter warming, comfort food =
    B – Porridge, drizzled with honey
    L – Toast, cheese spread, cucumber.
    D – Liver and Butter Bean Casserole, Cauli & Broccoli
    S – 2 nectarines, apple

Going to pop out to Lid! as I need to get some more veg - I feel warming, hearty soups are called for.
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yesterday was my first night out since New Year, so I ate rather a lot and drank rather a lot, but it doesn't happen often and I did dance some of it off (Take That Tribute Concert, it was more fun than it sounds, despite the wind and showers!).

However, I probably didn't need to eat leftover cake and a sausage roll when I got up. Usually though, I would still have breakfast as well but this must be enough calories already so apart from fruit I will try to keep going until lunch.

Not sure if I will fit in a Shred session today, but if I can, I will. Or some form of exercise anyway...

Minicooper- I have put you down for 1lb as we aren't doing halves.
    Mlarky and Fattybumble - I have put your losses down on the list, did you want a target, if so I have missed it so you'll have to tell me again!

Needtobethrifty - I am off to Aldi for the same reason!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    warming comforting food wanted here too
    B porridge,
    L hm seeded bread, with peanut butter
    D not decided yet

hoping to go for a walk round park this afternoon, if it stays dry
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite

I also had a snack of a bar of white chocolate, because I've been craving it for days. Bought a new 10 min solutions dvd today which I will use to burn that off tonigh.

Bonus for the day was that I tried on a skirt 1 size smaller than usual and managed to zip it up. Granted it was still so tight, I had to waddle instead of walk:rotfl:I bought it as my new goal to wear to work by next month.

Well done on the skirt! A big ego boost!
    What's the 10 min solutions DVD all about? Sounds interesting - I'm useless at making time (or the effort) to do hour long ones but could probably force myself into 10 mins - shred is 20 mins and I do that.

Well, I'm feeling very pleased with myself:)
    Went swimming for the first time in months and months (maybe even a year) with the intention of just plodding along and seeing how it went and managed 3/4 of a mile without stopping at a fast pace:T Thats 48 lengths without a breather:j
    Did an extra 2 as a warm down so 50 in total - wasn't that bad at all. Could hear blo*dy Jillian Michaels from the Shred ringing in my ears... "you feel stroooong, when it hurts is when its making a difference!". Even though the Shred doesn't feel that long to do (20 mins at a time) its obviously making a difference to my fitness levels. Its encouraged me to go again and push myself further, next time I'm aiming for 64 lengths - thats a mile.

Didn't feel that bad in a swimsuit amazingly - no slim jim by any means but not like a massive elephant either.

Only problem is I'm starving now!

Food today....
    Breakfast - cereal bar
    Lunch - bagel with very low fat cheese spread, apple
    Tea - mum's adapted recipe of cheese and potato pie (really mashed potato with onion and tomato in it topped with grated cheese and tomato slices and grilled to brown) and beans if needed

Snacks if needed - pomegranate, rasps, strawbs, grapes, or packet of Velvet Crunch

Right the bagel is calling so I'm off to scoff (in a controlled and considered manner a la Paul McKenna!)
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,467 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    ragz wrote: »

Needtobethrifty - I am off to Aldi for the same reason!

Got a huuuuuge butternut squash :T – used half to make 6 portions of Curried squash, lentil & coconut soup – oooooh liquid velvet :drool: - will use the other half later in the week for a curry or a stew, probably get 3-4 portions from that. Not bad getting 9-10 meals from one butternut squash :T.

Chicken & Mushroom Lasagne for evening meal – note to self….NO GARLIC BREAD :naughty:....NO...GARLIC....BREAD!!
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Im having a terrible weekend foodwise just down to a) being busy and b) not planning

Yesterday I went food shopping did my housework, then went to help my friend with her housework and some party food as she had a little party for her daughters 1st bday last night so yesterday:

B: Bacon, scrambled egg 2 x toast
    L: a rocky bar, 2 mini sausages, 2 chunks of chesse :o
    S: 1 slice toast & butter, very small piece of carrot cake
    T: 1 cheese cob, 1 samosa (large) handful crisps, 2 x glasses of wine
    Then when I got home- bowl of museli, banana, a few spoons B&J ice cream and a packet of crisps :eek: and another glass of wine :eek:

WOW looks even worse wrote down!!!

Today been out visiting family so:

B: 2 toast, scrambled eggs couple spoons of beans
    S: can full fat coke, handful skittles :o
    L: 2 choc digestive biscuits

Got chicken dinner planned for tea so really need to be good and resuce today

Gosh I feel really shocked at the utter carp I have eaten no wonder i feel abit blurgh
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Better behaved today, can't afford to pig any more if I want to reach target so hopefully will be eating sensibly - for a few days, anyway :o

B - spicy, fruity porridge
    D - Roasted skinned chicken drumstick, parsnip, red onion, red & yellow peppers, 1 flat mushroom. Steamed cauli, runners, peas, carrots. Small portions of everything, with hm gravy. Apple
    T - 2 Crackerbread w/yogurt. 1xprawn, 1xmarmite
    S - Pear, banana, melon
    E - 40 mins gym this morning, bed changing/bedroom cleaning later
  • watermelon88
    watermelon88 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Pretty good day today :-)

B - Porridge & Orange juice
    L - Ryvita's & Cheese Spread
    D - Turkey Roast Dinner & 2 scoops of ice cream for dessert :-)
    Total Weight Loss Progress = -17lbs
    Money Earned Online = £108
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family