PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Thread Thursday 28th August

Comments

• Lilyplonk
    Lilyplonk Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    edited 28 August 2014 at 8:06AM
    caz - best of luck with your DD, her friend and their antics. Well remember when my DD tried being a 'little minx' by hanging around with people that I didn't approve of. They probably thought they were on 'a great adventure', but just don't realise the dangers that they put themselves into. Hopefully, her friend's mum is on the same wavelength as you and you can both tackle this situation from similar angles. (((Hugs))) to you - things do eventually get better as they learn that 'privileges' need to be earned AND come alongside 'a sense of responsibility' :D.

Having finally got DD - now 35 with 2 teens and a 6yr old - through her teenage exploits, she and I are currently faced with dgd1's shenanigans :eek:! Thank goodness they put everything on 'Faceache' (oops) - so we can find out exactly where/when/who with :rotfl:.
  • nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone

Birthday wishes to those celebrating a birthday, hope you have a great day x

Hugs and get well wishes to those that want/need them.

Dull, overcast and looks like rain. Wet underfoot as we’ve had some rain during the night.

DH up and gone to work early but not stupid early.

Dinner tonight will be chicken and mushroom slices for the menfolk, with either potatoes or jacket potatoes and veg. I’ll have a jacket potato with tuna mayo and salad or cheese and beans and salad.

Back from our holidays – had a good time even though plans were changed. Well, we had a good time until the end, I slipped off a step and now have my leg in plaster, and am on crutches. Managed to break a bone in my foot, so have to keep rested and foot elevated as much as possible. I go back to hospital in 6 weeks, hoping it has healed ok, otherwise they will need to operate. Not really the ending to the hols that we’d planned.

Finding the not being very mobile etc very difficult to deal with, but I know it could be a lot worse and there’s lots of people out there in worse situation so I need to “have a word with myself”!

Had an on line delivery for food shopping so we’re not going to starve – and we have had notification that the power will be off for 2 hours this morning – so will be reading a book.

Take care x

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Drizzly here, I think our run of good weather has passed but it wasn't as cold last night, glad I didn't change my quilt to a thicker one, I was sweating!

DD off to a training day, I have work and then the hospice. Will put a load of washing in when I get home, the DW will need to go on then too but I am not putting it on whilst I am out. The chap came to look at it last week and said it had a 'malfunction'. Well I know that or I wouldn't have called him out! Supposed to be bringing a part for it next week.

caz - If any of mine had done that I would have kept them in for a year and given them chores to do. What could have happened doesn't bear thinking about.
    Thinking of you and OH today Elona.
    tru - sounds like you are doing well, hope it continues.

Off to get a paper - the one that has a voucher for £5 off a £40 spend at Ald!. Only time I buy a paper.

Enjoy your days, take care. XX
  • Morninbg everyone, grey here today but not wet and not cold so could be worse.

DD1 and I are heading off to Ikea for the day today and for a pootle around in the city where there is a smashing wholefoods shop that sells loose scoop food so it's much cheaper than most. We'll see if there are any sale bargains to be had too and maybe see what the new winter stock is like in the clothes shops. Then this evening it's pub quiz with my brother and his wife and supper out. It feels like being on holiday at home when we have days like this, naughty but nice!!!

Have yourselves a lovely day all, Lyn xxx.
  • cazmcf
    cazmcf Posts: 273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Good morning.

I had a very contrite dd1 last night. Mum's friend was livid too but I think also mortified, don't blame her. DD1 and her friend are good girls gernerally but they seem to become mischevious when their together and common sense goes out the window. I didin't even speak to her in the car home, I let her dad do the talking (he likes to talk lol). She went to bed very early and quietly last night. OH has banned her from ever having a sleepover again, which I think is a bit harsh. I'll brooch that subject in a few days when things have calmed down.

3 dogs slept happily together last night. I did intially keep mums dog in the kitchen but he kept scraping the doors to get out. So put him out with the rest of them and he was happy.
    Going to attempt a walk with them this morning if I can find somewhere deserted.

Another grey day but the sun is peaking through after all the rain last night. Oh had a half 5 start this morning, rediculously early, especially as he has to get up a 4.15.

Need to give the house a general clean and will clean any windows that need done. My car really needs done but will wait until mums dog has gone home.
    I want to go to the butchers to see if anything takes my fancy for tonights dinner. This afternoon I've been invited to the animal sactuary to have a look around and a chat about what I may be doing. Really looking forward to it!

Have a good day everyone.
    LBM 04/10:j
    Debt was 16700
    Debt free 04/13 :j

Owe mum 5100 12/16 :(
  • Morning all
    I went to bed early last night anticipating a good nights sleep, unfortunately Network Rail had other ideas, there was work going on along the railway line last night for around 4 hours.
    To be fair I'm not sure I would have slept that well anyway, I had 2 very long & stressful phone calls from DD yesterday, not the one with twins, t'other one. To cut a long story short, her hubby started working with my ex, my ex is a c you next Tuesday, I knew it would all end in tears & it has. DD is 2 weeks from giving birth, 3 kids already, the Ex cut her hubby's salary by a third in May, then for the duration of the hols 'wasn't able' to pay him more than half normal wages. SIL's has gone out & got another job, the ex has phoned new job, demanded a finders fee, etc. etc. DD's stressed up to the eyeballs, I've tried to explain that the ex will do this because he believes that spending money on holiday treats is a waste. He used to cut my housekeeping every Christmas to stop me buying gifts! My poor DD has spent 30 years trying to persuade her Dad to love her, if I was to bump into him today I think I'd kill him.
    Anyway enough rant from me, today I'm playing freezer tetris & hopefully I can hang some washing out.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Dumpling- I keep meaning to ask, when you say DD14 do you mean she's 14 or do you have 14 daughters? If so a WOW!!

Hi again, I only have 4 daughters, the number is their age :D. 14 daughters would really be something although I used to be friendly with a guy who had 12 sons and then finally a daughter...his wife wouldn't give up trying :eek:.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all,

Early start for me this morning.... Probably because I went to bed at a reasonable hour last night and got up at a reasonable time.

Thinking of Elona and her husband today.

I've had a bit of news that's thrown me. My dear Zulu baby Grandson had a seizure two nights ago. My daughter in South Africa told me the news last night. She is beside herself with worry and knowing that I went through the same thing with my second son she naturally came to me for advice and some reassurance. She has bucket loads of experience of young people with epilepsy but when it happens to your own son its a totally different thing.

Hubby is whining about his job this morning. He was a telephone salesman when I met him (some women like men in uniform but I like a man who works at a desk) but he changed his career in his mid 30s and became an electrician. I think he's too old now at 50 to have another career change, plus the fact he now doesn't know what he wants to do.

I'm going to see Mom this morning... well that's the plan. I am hoping to go and see my eldest Grandson and his Mum this afternoon before he goes back to school.

We will see how the day pads out.

Onwards and forwards,

have a great day all.
  • busiscoming2
    busiscoming2 Posts: 4,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all,

Judi - Hope the grandson is ok.

Caz - I'd be livid too. They just don't realise the dangers do they. Mine have told me some tales now they are older. I am glad I didn't know at the time!

Elona - Positive vibes for you and DH today.

Hester - Your ex really is dreadful isn't he.

So woke up to light rain which has now stopped. Still very dull so I have hung the washing on the airer.

Been scrumping the dropped apples and pears this morning and I need to pop to Tesco to get a few bits. Will pop and see dad too.

Made the Stuffed Spanish Marrow last night. Would the bloody marrow cook? Would it heck! Still the bits that weren't too hard were lovely. DH said perhaps I should peel it and part cook it next time.

Have a good day all. x
  • RosyRed
    RosyRed Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Morning all,

Its lovely here today and much warmer than it has been for the last week or so :j
    Hopefully a 'pottering' day for me today after all my visitors and trips out.The pup has been walked and the blackberries look a lot riper today so I'm going to go back without her-I picked a few but she kept trying to get my plastic bag so its easier without her.I want some elderberries too.

When I looked in the fridge this morning,the meat pie leftovers from last night have shrunk (:mad: DS2:rotfl:) only enough for one person now so will make a shepherds pie instead-I still have some nice mince from the food festival visit on Monday.

HH what a shame for your DD-she really doesnt need that stress.
    Judi- hope your DGS gets better soon
    nmlc-oh no,what an end to your holiday :eek:
    LynsayJ-thanks for the nail advice- I'll have a go after my hands are clean again after blackberry picking :rotfl:
    Elona-thinking of you all

Have a good day all xx
    :heartsmil 'A woman is like a teabag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water'. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure