PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chilli

Probably a daft question but I made a chilli on Saturday and put it in the fridge in a food container, it's now Wednesday, do you think it's still ok to eat tonight? Bit wary on stuff like this. Thanks

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Assuming you used beef mince, and it doesn't look / smell off, then I'd eat it. just make sure you reheat it properly and it's hot all the way through.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• I'll eat most leftovers for up to three days...so Wednesday would be the last day to eat something first cooked on Sunday. I haven't poisoned myself yet!
    Common sense?...There's nothing common about sense!
  • Waffle_On
    Waffle_On Posts: 408 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Saturday to Wednesday... I'd bin it!
    Shrinking my mortgage!
    Nov 13 £166,000

Jan 17 £142,900
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    and I'd eat it subject to the look and smell test and heating through thoroughly. Next time freeze it..even if you think you're going to eat it the next day. It can quickly and easily be defrosted.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • I'd eat it if it looks and smells ok.
    xx
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It is not a daft question at all. No I would not eat it. Freeze in portions straight away or in the fridge for 24 hrs, and re heat to bubbling hot.
  • kraftykat
    kraftykat Posts: 435 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    I don't think I'd eat it. I hate food going to waste, but for me that would be a wee bit too long x
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    yeah I'd eat it, we eat stuff for quite a while if it still smells ok. I haven't poisoned anyone yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure