New Barclaycard Website - Statement Download Problems

Calling all Barclaycard & MS Money users.... has anyone else had problems downloading their statements since their website upgrade?

I use MS Money 2006 and have always downloaded my BC statements from their website, straight into Money (OFX file format), without any problems.

However, since their website upgrade, OFX file formats seem to be invlaid (I have analysed them with some 3rd party tools) and can't be read by Money.... then their QIF format just downloads EVERY txn as a debit, even if it's really a credit!

Has anyone else found this? More importantly, has anyone found a fix? BC's feedback page won't let me send a message, so I'm going to attempt a phone call, but I suspect the usual muppet operators won't have a clue!

Comments

• I have had the same problem and every time I call they just tell me they are still working out some problems. In truth, I think they have NO idea what I'm talking about. Any luck finding a fix?
  • isitenough
    isitenough Posts: 5,593
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Never thought of downloading them! OH always used to print them out to copy (and then shred finely) but now they won't print properly as to fit them on the page they come out so small it's hard to read! Why do people fiddle with things that aren't broken?!!
    Thank you to everyone who posts comps! :A
    I would like to be lucky,healthy & happy in 2020! :T
  • BC are completely flippin' usless. I called them and as per other comments, they said they were working on it, but to be honest I don't believe them. Instead, I've build an XL doc that will take in the CSV data (which does download off their website OK) and then at the click of a button save it out in a working QIF format. An extra 60secs off my life each time, but allows me to import into Money again. I doubt they'll sort it anytime soon, so my workaround does the job.
  • Completely flippin' useless is an understatement. I have just called again and have only ended up exasperated! Arrrgghhhhh! Do they KNOW how useless they are?
  • mbailey
    mbailey Posts: 858
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've just moved over to Barclaycard from Egg and just tried to do the OFX download into Ms Money and surprise it doesn't work.

Rather worrying that this thread was noticed 2 years ago and still doesn't seem to be fixed!

I did an QIF download and that seemed to work ok for the recent transactions.

How are people using Barclaycard with Ms Money today?
  • mbailey wrote: »
    I've just moved over to Barclaycard from Egg and just tried to do the OFX download into Ms Money and surprise it doesn't work.

Rather worrying that this thread was noticed 2 years ago and still doesn't seem to be fixed!

I did an QIF download and that seemed to work ok for the recent transactions.

How are people using Barclaycard with Ms Money today?

Nope, they never fixed it, so like you I use the QIF D/L. It works to that fine, but the fact that's it's been knackered for 2yrs summs up BarclayCard. It's now reduced to my backup card only.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure