IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Appeal Letter

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    The Newbies FAQ thread has s section in #1 on company car drivers.

Follow the advice there on appealing.
  • We wrote to the Registered Keeper who informed us that you were the driver at the time of the parking event. The Terms and Conditions, to which you agreed to be bound by entering the location, were clearly displayed in prominent places throughout the location. As the driver, you must now pay X within 14 days as the opportunity to challenge this PCN or to pay the discounted amount has expired. - Is this correct I can't appeal?
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 23 February 2018 at 2:42PM
    We wrote to the Registered Keeper who informed us that you were the driver at the time of the parking event. The Terms and Conditions, to which you agreed to be bound by entering the location, were clearly displayed in prominent places throughout the location. As the driver, you must now pay X within 14 days as the opportunity to challenge this PCN or to pay the discounted amount has expired. - Is this correct I can't appeal?

No they didn't. The registered keeper told the scammers who the lessee/hirer was. They have no idea who was driving.

As above, you need to appeal as lessee/hirer using the information from the NEWBIES. Make sure you do not mention the driver's identity.

Also complain to your MP.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Check with your lease firm EXACTLY what they said

Maybe state that the operator has stated, as unequivocal fact, that you the lease firm have stated that I, xxx, was the driver on the day in question. As this is not something within your knowledge, could you either please confirm that you will correct this gross error directly with the operator, copying myself in, or can you confirm that you did NOT state that I was the driver, but merely the hirer?

Your swift response is appreciated.

WHich PPC? If BPA then a complaint must be made, once you know the truth of the matter.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (who take hundreds of these cases to court, and nearly always lose), who have also been reported to the regulatory authority. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.[/FONT]
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Lease company sent me a letter.

We have given your details to the relevant authority transferring liability of this offence to you. The authority will now contact you.

The sent letter to PCN admin centre:-

To whom it may concern.

Third Party Authorisation Letter

Please accept this letter as confirmation that <lease company> authorise you to communicate directly with the nominated person detailed below in relation to the penalty change notice they have received.

PCN Admin Centre sent me a Notice to Driver/Hirer

Stating payment must be made within 14 days from 19th feb, when I only got the letter today 23rd feb.

Looks like the parking company (the are BPA member) passed this on to the PCN centre for them to deal with it. They will reserve the right to pass onto a debit collection agency.

The lease company have informed me if they get a second request they will pay and charge me.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,155
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Lease company sent me a letter.

We have given your details to the relevant authority transferring liability of this offence to you. The authority will now contact you.

Not true. No "authority" has contacted anyone. No "offence" has occurred. You should challenge this and ask who the authority is, and what the offence is, as you/they have only received an invoice from an unregulated private company.
    You should also ask them what the penalty they mention below is, as no private company can penalise another private individual. Again all you/they have received is an invoice.

The sent letter to PCN admin centre:-

To whom it may concern.

Third Party Authorisation Letter

Please accept this letter as confirmation that <lease company> authorise you to communicate directly with the nominated person detailed below in relation to the penalty change notice they have received.

PCN Admin Centre sent me a Notice to Driver/Hirer

Stating payment must be made within 14 days from 19th feb, when I only got the letter today 23rd feb.

Looks like the parking company (the are BPA member) passed this on to the PCN centre for them to deal with it. They will reserve the right to pass onto a debit collection agency.

The lease company have informed me if they get a second request they will pay and charge me.

They are perfectly within their rights to pay this, but have no right to charge you. This assumes that private PCNs are not mentioned in the lease agreement, which is extremely unlikely.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    OK, so have you asked them for EXACTLY what they said to the PPC, as told?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,638
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I'd like to see the NTH that PCN admin centre* sent you that tells you that you can't appeal.

* ZZPS I think! AGAIN telling people they can't appeal, when they can!!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure